Prayers/good thoughts needed

Old 12-28-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Prayers/good thoughts needed

AS wants to get off heroin. He saw county intake worker Thursday, said he wanted to get into suboxone program (specifically mentioned on county website). Was referred to detox center but when he got there they said the suboxone program is no longer funded. He has had a terrible cough, breathing difficulties for weeks. Went to urgent care once and got nebulizer treatment and inhaler but has not improved. He has gotten worse lately and detox center did not have medical staff to help with his condition.

Took him to urgent care again. Five hours there and he got chest X-ray, lab work, nebulizer treatment. He has bronchopneumonia. He received prescriptions for heavy-duty antibiotic and inhaler. The medical staff there was so kind and non-judgmental, and he was appreciative. Glad he got help for pneumonia.

However, in the midst of this he is out of heroin and will be detoxing. I am so worried and afraid. He got a list of suboxone doctors and will call them, and has expressed some willingness to try rehab. He has been to several NA and AA meetings this week, which is very positive. However, since this is the weekend not sure what can be done about doctor for suboxone/rehab. I know there will some hard times ahead due to the detox, and it will be combined with him being very ill from pneumonia. I would appreciate prayers, good thoughts from SR.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Prayers and good wishes sent and will keep sending.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thoughts and prayers on the way.....
Old 12-28-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Prayers that your son w/d will be lessened and that he will continue to seek help.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope the detox is going okay. I can't imagine what a herion addict goes through while detoxing. I detoxed my parents from benzos and pain pills by myself and it was a week of hell. The 3rd and 4th days seemed to be the worst. I've heard heroin detoxing can be deadly so please get the help of whoever you can. Make sure they stay hydrated!
Old 12-29-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sending up prayers and good vibes.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am sending you my prayers and thoughts. Detoxing of heroin is very hard, but NOT deadly. Benzos is another story - detoxing from benzos can be deadly.

p.s. I have seen my AH detox from heroin at home several times.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

May the right people appear at the right time. Wishing that for you and your son tonight.