a year and a month later...

Old 12-23-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a year and a month later...

I haven't heard from my x drug addict in a year and a month. Today, the day before Christmas eve, he TEXTEd me! Yes, texted. No apologies. Just entitlement. Basically, hey, I would like to talk to my son. I have gifts
I am trying to catch up. Can I stop over or are you out of time. He said, " I look forward from hearing from you and my son" no apology. No phone call. No letter. A text. An entitled professional like we work in an office text.

A part of me is like who cares. A part if me is like OMG. A part of me is angry.

I can so tell by the tone of his text, NOTHING has changed. But, I have. I'm not biting. I am not dealing with crazy anymore. I am going to ignore it. Texting after a year and a month is so improper. I can't go back to crazy. My son doesn't deserve that.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

As I've said before in other posts....I really feel our addicted loved ones have 364 other days a year to show us they appreciate the people in their lives. Why force it on Christmas? Because society expects us to be one big happy family. That is simply not reality. Good for you for not jumping. Your son doesn't need a dad who appears one day a year to alleviate his own guilt by giving your son gifts. The gifts your son truly needs are consistent love and support....both of which you have been providing without question.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are one smart cookie! You did not give in to the manipulation and guilt he is trying to bestow on you. have a wonderful guilt free Christmas! I think it's great you are so in tune to what he is doing and not taking the bait. Your life will be so much happier for not opening that door again.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you!
Slam the door on abuse. Lock the door....then
get some wood/nails and board it shut!