Feeling sad & depressed during the holidays this year

Old 12-27-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

ya know, if the break up happened in March, you'd still be feeling the feelings. it isn't the HOLIDAYS...

I notice you said that you CRAVE attention and feel empty and hollow without a someone. that is something you could look at, and maybe work on. we simply HAVE to learn to be ok on our own, independent of others. otherwise we set ourselves up for codependent need-based relationships, constantly seeking validation from others. and at some point, others will let us down. it's nobody's JOB to make us ok. that's our job.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am ok being alone but c'mon everyone loves a little attention at times. I've been doing as best I can since I've been on my own actually, sure I've had more bad days than good but that's life when trying to get past a recent break up. I think you have me a little misunderstood.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I know in some posts i heard you mention needing closure from your ex or an apology from him, gothbarbie.

I lived in a 5 year relationship with a pill addict. I can relate to the type of relationship you described. The back and forth. The hot and cold. Most addicts are like this in relationships no matter the type of drug they take.

I am grateful i am no longer in that relationship. No one should live like that.

Sometimes we need to do the closure ourselves. We need to do it in our minds and heart. After the ending of a five year relationship with my Addict, i wrote a final letter to him. I wrote a letter but never sent it. It gave me the closure that i needed cause i knew he wouldnt be the one to assist in giving me closure.

I found i needed to apologize to myself as well. I needed to apologize and forgive myself for the damage i did to myself and the damage i allowed others to do to me. It was then i was able to heal and grow. That was more important than any apology he could of offered me.

Take care

Carrie

Belle Of The Ball in 2014
Old 12-28-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Somedays I feel entitled to an apology from him , others i don't. I feel as though I'm starting to enter that stage of grief where it's the anger/not giving a **** phase now towards him & everything that's happened. I'm moving back to CA in a few days to start MY life over alone & on my own so I'm thankful for that. I realize that it's still going to be an uphill battle for a little while longer until I'm completely past this. Maybe I really don't want him to return afterall, it'd be nice to live alone for while until someone who is worthy comes along. Thankfully the major holidays are over, I was a real Grinch this year LOL.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have not broken up with AH. But I feel beyond sad and depressed. Knowing that AH was high when kids were opening their presents. Just want to die really..
Old 12-28-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yea I can imagine :/ That's how I felt before we split bc he never wanted to do anything fun with me, all he did was watch T.V, sleep, or do computer ****. My needs really were never truly met. I should be happy I'm single again esp from him bc now I can do whatever i want when I want. I guess truthfully I miss that feeling of having someone there