Being threatened for son's actions

Old 12-18-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well, I went to the police station and made out a complaint. I was told that even pressing charges will not get him arrested unless he tries to contact me again. I did not make out a RO against him. I thought trying to extort money out of a person was a crime. Seems unless he tries again, no arrest and that only one attempt is not enough. The policeman I spoke with was very helpful. He talked with the detectives handling the stolen bikes case and they said he was upset because he was friendly with the boy who stole from him. I feel bad but what does that have to do with me? I am your punching bag because you are mad at him?
The policeman was going to give him a call and the detectives are going to speak to him in the morning. I told the policeman I did not fear for my life per se but his behavior is definitely unpredictable and I cannot say I am not concerned. I wrote this all in the report. The policeman said a normal person does not behave this way and there was no excuse for this unacceptable behavior. Again, none of this is MY fault nor does it have anything to do with me.
We own a business and have had employees steal from us countless times, people who we considered friends. it happens. I didn't go off the deep end and call them or their family. Anyway, hopefully he will not try to contact me in any way or go crazy because I went to the police. I blocked him on FB but then unblocked him to print out the messages. If you block and unblock you cannot block again for 48 hours so I have 24 left.
This has taught me you never know what is going to happen on any given day. I just keep praying because I dont know what else to do. Thank you again everyone for your support and concern.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm sure he will threaten the public safety officials when they come to call....NOT!

"War heroes" like this are so brave. Threatening women is NOT the sum total of
their awesome/elite martial skillsets.

(They also incredibly proficient at combat weight reduction (AKA soiling
themselves)

Good for you, filing the report. "Braveheart" is in the system now,a blip on the radar,
and will feel the pleasure of society's 'crosshairs'....

(real or imagined......and believe me,
they are SOOOO paranoid----imagined is MUCH worse!)

......on the nape of his neck.

You did good. The imbecile? Not so much. He had better pray hourly for your continued
good health.

It must be hell to be so frigging stupid, so banal, so irredeemably clumsy.

Assassins DO it. They do not send advance warning on easily discoverable media stating
they are "REALLY,REALLY,REALLY,REALLY,REALLY,REALLY,
REALLY 'gonna do it!"

That is the sole province of the fool, the laughingstock, and the buffoon.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Needingabreak - I'm glad you went to the police. My experience isn't quite the same but similar.

My A stepmom (sm) died last month. My stepbrother called and started threatening me and my dad over the phone, screaming at the top of his lungs and I didn't have to worry about engaging as I couldn't get a word in! The police were still here, as were other officials (I found my sm). I talked to an officer, asked him what I could do. Stepbrother was coming from another state.

He told me that we did NOT have to let him in the door, if he showed up? Dial 911 and they would be here in no time. I texted stepb and told him "the police are now aware that you are a potential threat".

Next day, he's had just enough to drink that he LOVES me, he LOVES my dad, he's so SORRY, yada yada BS. Night before the funeral? Cusses me and threatens me again, I hang up. Then he goes off on me on FB. Then his gf private messages me on FB.

I, too, did the block thing, then unblocked, and I don't know if I ever blocked him again but have heard nothing more. I am blessed that the rest of my step-family is fully supportive of me.

It shook me, a lot. It hurt, but I'm in recovery, he's escalating in alcoholism and I don't have to go along for the ride.

By all means, if he threatens you in any way, again, keep a detailed record. I think, but not sure, that you can't admit a recorded phone call as evidence unless you tell them "I'm recording this". If he's anything like my stepb? He'll say he doesn't give a f and keep on going. You're covered once you told him (I think, but I'm sure someone here knows more).

So sorry you are going through this, but he's a bully going after someone who had nothing to do with the situation.

Personally, I think we should turn Vale loose on him

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-18-2013, 11:56 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

>>>>Personally, I think we should turn Vale loose on him<<<<<

With all due respect, Impurrfect----Vale (in real life) chooses opponents
who have something to offer, to teach, or are mildly interesting in their
tactical approaches to life.

needingabreak's drunk dialing buffoon issuer of half-assed misspelled
threats offers Vale none of this --- only ephemeral comedic value.

And as anyone knows....jokes get old.

(it is imperative that the gentle reader reviews the unhinged writing
that needingabreak submitted at the start of this thread as the words
of the person threatening her. The sentence structure/syntax/pure
undistilled stupidity of the threats are without equal. One could find a
more cogent communication originated by a cat walking across a
keyboard>>>>>>>)

>>>>>>>>A DRUNK CAT!

Old 12-19-2013, 03:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Omg vale...you are cracking me up!!
Old 12-19-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This is exactly why I don't do Facebook or any other social media, my son crossed all the wrong people and they could get to him through me if they chose to. I stay low key, if I feel threatened I report it to the police and keep my lawyer on record of everything that happens.

It doesn't matter how angry or scared I am, I take back my power by not allowing myself to be intimidated and that's best done by not being easy to find and staying connected to a good lawyer who can handle any of this better than I can.

You reported this, I would also provide my lawyer with a copy of the report and the threat.

Then close down your facebook and do not engage with strangers. I promise your life will be better.

Hugs
Old 12-19-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Vale, you are hysterical. Thanks for the laughs. Ann, I have FB mainly because of all the pictures, stories, laughs from my grandchildren and friends out of state. I agree with you 100% that there have been numerous issues because of FB but this is the first problem I have ever had. I am very careful and do not post much myself. At this time I feel shutting it down would show a weakness. Why should I shut down MY FB because of a coward? He will be blocked by tonight. If he does anything else I would consider it then. I have left for periods of time before and taken a beak. He now knows he will be arrested should he try to threaten me again.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

The blocking option is very effective on FB. When I entered recovery, I blocked all of my so called "friends" they cannot see my page, photos, comments.

I have a sober friend who is on FB with someone I blocked. She and I were commenting on a photo and the blocked person thought she was talking to herself because they couldn't see anything at all.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I have a FB page, but I must admit I recently pared my "friends" down from
45+ to less than 20. Mostly family & tight work associates. I just got tired of
the endless harangue of uber-boorishness, political hysteria, and foul language...not
to mention being subtly lectured by persons who (how to put this mildly.....)
have not acquitted themselves well in this life as ladies and gentlemen?

So, in the spirit of boorish lecture......

(SR denizens know to run for cover at this point!)

I net surf as much as anyone.
It very much makes the hairs on the back of Vale's neck stand up when
people overshare. A while back a person overshared a medical image here
on SR. The name, medical center, and other data were easily identifiable.
I implored this person to delete this image----

How to say this without sounding like a 53 year old fogey that I most
certainly am? Everyone is not your friend. There are lots and lots and LOTS
of good people on this Earth....but not everyone. The bad people do not wear
trenchcoats & evil black Fedora's & stand on street corners by the school.

There was a saying in Europe before the wall fell. "First one to light up gets
smoked". It meant that as soon as you turned on your radar, you in essence
turned on a flashlight in a dark room. It allows you to see better---but now every
one who DIDN'T turn their emitter on knows EXACTLY where you are......and your
life expectancy is degraded noticeably.

Social media is wonderful. It has so much to offer. But offering the world so
much data is not risk free. Those pics of your kids are cute as hell---but it only
takes a right click and a few seconds on your system photo editor to obliterate
the easily visible street intersection signs behind them.........the cuteness remains
-----but the targeting coordinates are GONE.

Every hole created in our defensive perimeter that allows us access to the world is
also a way for the world to get in. Be wise and do not allow unfettered access to that
which you hold most dear.

(Boy -oh-boy is Vale gonna be fun in the rest home! Something tells me he's gonna
find himself spending an inordinate amout of time in the utility/electrical closet when the
staff tires of his cantankerous bullcrap!)
Old 12-19-2013, 07:10 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

For those of you not totally bored and ready to scream from this endless thread-the dispatcher let me know that the police officer I spoke with called the man in question to let him know (very sternly she said) that not only was what he did illegal, it was cowardly (is this not the best part Vale?). The man said the minute he sent it he regretted it (or he is just telling the policeman that to look like he has somewhat of a conscience). The policeman told him he could contact me to apologize but not for any other reason and nothing after that. I have not received any apology but as long as he stays away I will be happy.
Had my family and sister with her adult sons over for our Christmas party. It was nice seeing them and seeing my kids and grandchildren together. I am now pretty darn tired but at least I can say I do not feel angry, ugly or sad and this week I have been in a very ugly mood. I have hope and as Vale says there are still many good people out there (doesn't the love and support here prove that?) and it keeps my hope for humanity alive. Love and prayers to all of you for everything you are struggling with, going through or thanking God for.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:31 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I don't have fb. My hubby and I agreed not to have ones. It would just open a can of worms for stupid fights. We have enough drama on our own without inviting people in. If I didn't talk to you in high school I sure don't want to talk to you now or see you post a picture of what you ate for lunch.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Yeah Jend719....I'm ALMOST ready to get rid of it.....but it IS an easy way to
keep track of the cousins/in-laws/pals.

....but in case any of you were wondering, Vale got up at 7:29 this morning after
sleeping 7+38. He was going to go to the mall and pick up some last minute stocking
stuffers ----but decided not to. He fiddled with Windows 8.1 for a spell---cursing
Microsoft...then used the restroom at 10:01. He had a turkey sandwich for lunch and

.....and.....and.....and......

("Here's my friend Dell....he has some amusing anecdotes for you.....oh, and here's
a gun to blow your brains out.....you'll thank me for it!")

[[Planes,Trains & Automobiles,1987]]
Old 12-20-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We post a predator warning on every forum here to remind people to be very careful about posting information that the world can read or see. The responsibility in the end is with the poster, but most people respect that reminder and are careful....thank you all for that.

Vale, I loved Planes, Trains and Automobiles. When you go to the home I shall come watch this movie with you...and...I am probably older than you, or course you'd never know it to look at me, I'm a Nicole Kidman ringer...if I took off 80 pounds, had a face and full body lift and a week of cosmetic surgery.

Predators beware, I may look tame but these steel toed bunny slippers can give a serious shinning.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

ROFL Ann! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 12-20-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You too, Needingabreak.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIwhjp_c1d0

(I miss 'Dell")

.....this one still makes me cry @ 3:53.......even after 26 years....let's see if you are made of sterner stuff....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPJzNNpUFsU
Old 12-20-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Yup tears. How about Ann? lol
Old 12-20-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

you'd never know it to look at me, I'm a Nicole Kidman ringer...if I took off 80 pounds, had a face and full body lift and a week of cosmetic surgery.
Ann...do you have any idea how TALL that woman is? I think you may need to grow some too!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 12-20-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Omg vale ... You used the bathroom AND had a turkey sandwich....I can sleep sound tonight knowing that your bowels are clean and your hunger satiated!! Thank you so much! Such a relief! Ps...I love that movie!

Needingabreak....I'm glad all is somewhat peaceful now! Such an idiot, that man! Soooo not worth your aggravation. He's a moron!!!
Old 12-20-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chino View Post
This is for Windows PC's:

Usually somewhere in the top row of your keyboard, around the backspace key, there's a key with "PrtScn" on it. That's Print Screen and it takes a screen shot of your monitor. After tapping it, go to the Paint program and paste it, save it.
You can also paste it directly into MS word or into an Outlook email.