Dreams

Old 12-15-2013, 07:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dreams

I can't remember dreaming for years. But in the last few weeks all I do is dream - and remember them. They are so vivid I sometimes wake up confused. many are centred around drugs & temptation but the last few nights I'm diving into icy cold clear water & climbing waterfalls, usually with people I don't know, except my young daughter is always there.

In my reality (which actually sounds like a dream/nightmare), I've come to accept that my husband is so deep in his meth iv addiction he may never get out. He most definitely doesn't seem to want to at the moment. I've heard he is in drug debt. I've seen him maybe 2 days in the last 3-4 months. He is completely uninterested in our children or me - unless he is calling or texting me accusing me of having an affair. Ha please. He has successfully turned me of men for life! A week ago he did beg me to come pick him up & he would get help. I've learnt the hard way there - about 10times. I realise now he only says what he knows I want to hear to get what he wants. I told him I will not allow him back until he has sorted himself out & I'm sticking to it this time. It's just too dangerous for him to be here. I dont think he has slept in months & he is so unpredictable. im surprised he is still alive! It has taken me a LONG time to get to this point. It sure hurts but I'm not in denial anymore.

Has anyone else experienced unusual, regular, intense dreams when they are/were at a similar place as I am now? Do I sound crazy lol?
Old 12-15-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've been dreaming a lot too lately. You don't sound crazy. I think dreams are our subconscious sorting things out, prodding us to new awareness. Maybe the icy water in your dream symbolizes the new clarity you've achieved? It sounds like you've woken up to what is going on around you, kind of like a splash of cold water in the face. I admire your courage in setting firm boundaries with your husband. Your children will be so much better off having some peace and stability in their lives.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's so funny you posted this! I've been having dreams of a bad for me ex boyfriend a lot lately!Pre XAH...hmmmm pattern here....

I usually have crazy vivid dreams, but I don't know if stress just brings them out more?
Old 12-15-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've had these dreams in the beginning of my break up and I just had one this morning! It's so vivid!!! I dreamt that I was cleaning up my desk at work and he hugged me and said "It's okay" and looked me straight in the eye and I cried like a big baby..

Last week I dreamt that he wrote me a letter and told me how he felt. Maybe it's me being hopeful.

you are def not crazy.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Interesting. Maybe we need a dream analyser on here lol. Glad I'm not the only one & agree dreams are definitely attached to subconscious thinking/awakenings/hopes. Hope they settle down soon I need some good sleep!