What a difference a year makes

Old 12-14-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

What a difference a year makes

Hi all,
It's been a while since I have been on this forum. I've been busy with life and busy healing. Last year at this time I was going through the final stages of a divorce from my exAH. If someone would have told me a year ago that I would be happy and joyous I would have called them a liar.

It's been a year and life is great. I'm still healing and I still have trust issues but I've come a long way and now I think back and ask myself why I stayed as long as I did in a marriage that was slowly killing me. Fear? Comfort? Not wanting to live alone? Having someone was better then having no one? I used all of those excuses to lie to myself and to justify staying.

Financially I'm doing better then ever. I have paid off a lot of my debt, gotten my cable turned back on and have even enrolled in school for the winter semester. I've made new friends, ditched some old ones and have learned some lessons along the way.

For all of you who are struggling, I can promise you it does get better. I still have my bad days, I still struggle with trust issues and I don't know if I will ever be ready to date again. But everything I feared never came to fruition. I haven't gone hungry or homeless and living alone is much better then living with someone whose only goal in life was to get high. Everyday I just find things to be grateful for

I haven't heard from my ex in a long time. I hope he has found sobriety but I seriously doubt it. I won't say I don't care about him but I've pretty much detached from him in a way that I've reached indifference. I'm no longer angry or resentful.

I wish all of my SR friends a happy holiday season and a wonderful new year.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a great way to spend your 1000th post!
Old 12-14-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
What a great way to spend your 1000th post!
Was it my 1000th post lol. I'm posting through forum runner on my phone so I didn't even notice
Old 12-14-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks jerect! It's always good to hear all the positives!