OT: The Good in the World

Old 12-12-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT: The Good in the World

the QB for our Seattle Seahawks is Russell Wilson. he came out in the draft with Luck and RG111. There was talk, he was too short, too green, too this too that. but he came here, and he brought his A game.

Russell is more than a football player. each Tuesday, regardless of how the game went that previous weekend, regardless of aches or pains, or the media, or endorsements, he and his wife go the Children's Hospital, and meet with the kids and the families, gives autographs to everyone, he plays, laughs and hugs. He says the winning is the second best thing. Going to Children's is the first.

the attached video is a Thank You to Russell from Children's Hospital. Next Tuesday will be Blue Tuesday at Children's, aka Russell Wilson day, everybody will be in Hawks garb. yeah maybe at its most basic, it's just football. but THIS is the best we have to offer as humans. grab a tissue.

http://pulse.seattlechildrens.org/pa...n-special-way/

and if that doesn't get to you, here's the story of Russell Wilson's wallet....from a girl in need of a heart transplant. he visited on Tuesday. She was waking up in transplant recovery on Friday..........he got a wallet and she got a heart.

http://www.king5.com/news/editors-pi...225394322.html

and he's just 25 years old.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He's my QB too! Go hawks!! And yes, he does so much for my home state. We are lucky indeed.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I truly believe there is so much more good in the world than bad. We just hear more about the bad stuff because the media is so much "if it bleeds, it leads." I wish more media would share the good stories in at least equal proportion to the sensational bad stuff.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There is FAR, FAR more good in the world than bad.
It is wise to know this early in life, so that not a single
day is wasted.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for this Anvil. Despite the darkness there is always a bright light shining. So glad you shared this powerful story. Where there is light there is hope.