I am the biggest enabler

Old 12-05-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by glitterdeva View Post
Thank you very much for your kind words. I am putting my all into the program, I pray every day and try to stay calm. I know that its one day at the time, and with that hope I pray that one day I will get my sanity/serenity back. I am in this situation because I put myself in it. My mother, father, uncle and aunt are all alcoholics, so i am a poster child for this Just have to find way out. Everyone has a way, I think life is beautiful and magical and it is never linear. We turn and fall and get up and, I don't know, somehow pain moves us forward, we become more then we are. Not sure how to explain it. I am concentrating on the positive, but still I am not the smartest person out there. Too naive and trusting.
speaking of magic... =]

Have you ever heard of the term "chasing the dragon"? Well I love fairy tales. My mom and grandma used to tell me when I was very young stories all about dragons. they were not talking about addiction. They were just telling stories. Well... according to the stories...

Dragons are evil. They are the most powerful of all dark creatures. They are extremely cunning, and mysterious. They do not have any magical abilities of their own. They feed on the creatures of light. They capture fair maidens, and unicorns, and hold them prisoner in their caverns, never to escape. They take the innocence, virtue, beauty, and white magic, corrupt it, and turn it into dark magic. They use up the unicorn or maiden until she is but a shell of the beautiful being she was before. Then, when they have no more use for her, they leave her to die.

Gruesome I know!! haha but most old fairy tales are. In my adult life, heroin is the dragon, and I am the unicorn.

I have an old thread I posted about this. I think I might bump it for myself to read again.

I am glad that you posted here. Keep coming back! It works if you work it.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

AH spend some time in prison and although his credit is much better then mine, banks want to give him a very high APR because he just doesn't have much credit. So, we decided that it will be much cheaper to get it on my credit Not the smartest decision I made, i know

no not the smartest, but it's certainly correctable. you are really putting your own credit at risk, when there is a perfectly reasonable option, let him get the stupid car and pay the higher interest rate. part of those consequences thingies. and save you a TON of grief. your piece of mind doesn't have an APR, it's PRICELESS.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

glitterdiva: I know how it feels when you are knowingly enabling and feel frustrated/angry for doing so! I had one of those weeks as well! I have to look at the progress I have made thus far and I have come along way.....keep your chin up!