New poem just received from brother

Old 12-03-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New poem just received from brother

Here is another one...for those of you who haven't read my posts before, my brother has been mailing me his poems from prison & then I post them on here w/ hopes of getting some positive comments/advice to mail back to him. He is a crystal meth addict & this outlet has been the only thing that seems to help him. Thank for reading & please comment!

Sometimes It Seems

Looking up into the heavens with my feet firmly planted
On this corrupt earth that each one of us has landed
Stuck without an escape as if something bigger is planned
He's up where it's nice, while the rest of us are stranded

It's all part of a bigger plan Man! So the story goes
Work out as* off to make it there, that's the method he chose
Pull off the seemingly impossible, and closer to the kingdom we grow
Trying to rise above while at an all time low

If we're loved, why the test? Most of the time it seems we're destin to fail
It's like getting locked up with a pocket full of money and unable to post bail
Lord it's hard to follow you when the flesh blinds your trail
Down here the devils everywhere causing us to derail

Sitting with my bible wondering why you make it so tough?
Heaven's so easy, And where you places us so rough
Sometimes this book seems like the worlds biggest bluff
I pray it gets better cuz I've sure had enough

LORD! DOWN HERE! Now I'm convinced it's me you can't hear
Getting whooped by this thing with my eyes full of tears
Every ass whooping bringing truth to all my fears
Am I putting my faith into someone who don't even care

FYI: my brother does not have a highschool diploma or GED, so sometimes his poems may not be what you expect them to be...please try and read through the grammer errors. Thank you!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

His poem reminds me of a conversation D and I had with a pastor about a year ago:

If God is all powerful, then why does he allow the devil to exist. If he is all knowing, then why did he even bother to put the forbidden fruit in the garden??? He could have saved everyone the trouble by simply never creating satan, and never putting the tree there to begin with.

The pastor thought about it and told us that if we were only to live in heaven or if we would have never sinned, then we would not know all of the aspects of gods love. We would know his glory, and his happiness and his peace, but we would never know his grace or forgiveness without being sent into the shadow realm of the earth.

If we have been forgiven much, then we love much. God wants us to love him because we want to, not because we have to. I imagine it is hard for your brother to feel loved and forgiven within those walls because it is hard for my husband too. =,[

I don't know how long his sentence is, but maybe encourage him that the rain falls on the good and the bad, that this is only a season of his life. He does not need to be imprisoned forever. Rain (prison) can make the flowers grow, if only he allows it.

sending you hugs from someone who understands.
Lily
Old 12-03-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Losing faith.

The only bars that truly matter are the ones we used to cage ourselves.

Tell him it isn’t a test, this is just life. It is not always gracious, but it sure is worth our time. In the scope of things if he can take the time to really look around he might possibility find this is but one small fraction of his life, one chapter that he did openly participate in creating. But with all the time … I love time it is forgiving … still left to come, there is promise. And while it will be up to him how his life moves and shifts from each moment till the next, he is very much in control of how it all plays out in the end.

He is not forgotten or unloved. His words aren’t falling on dead ears. God just doesn’t have any damn control either. And he sadly is where he put himself, the horror all to real, and many out there myself included, who have had their own demons they had to face, and slay in some sense to make it out the other side to find faith again and a renewed love for life.

Can you send him something to read?
I would recommend The Shack, it might be the perfect time.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Originally Posted by incitingsilence View Post
Can you send him something to read?
I would recommend The Shack, it might be the perfect time.
Great suggestion!
Old 12-03-2013, 09:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope the answers come to him, and that someday he might find peace and happiness. tell him I think he should definitely keep writing!