my husband the cook

Old 11-26-2013, 08:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my husband the cook

Or more things a normie wouldn't do...last night I hid the baking soda. Today my tin of baking powder was left sitting out. I didn't do any baking yesterday. (Insert sarcasm font) So that must be it! He's baking secret cookies for me!
If I don't laugh I cry.
(He does something with baking soda and cocaine and it ain't leavening)
C
Old 11-26-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

But how are you?
Old 11-26-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm good. No anger out of me today. Spent the day out. Listened to alot of christmas music in the car. Good day.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh dear, he is freebasing the cocaine with the baking soda.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good grief. I am so sorry. And the first thing I thought in my head was "got to remember to check this also". My AD's doc have always been in another direction, but you never know. We all hide so many different things.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ah yes late nite baking. my husband and I are former crack addicts, thank GOD for the former part!, seven years now and it has only been in the past year that I felt comfortable buying baking soda and having it in the house. at first it just terrified me sitting on the shelf at the grocery store! then I worried about it triggering hank. then finally we needed some for a recipe, a real FOOD recipe, and discussed it! seriously. now it's just a box up in the cupboard.

sorry but this means he's cooking up dope making rock...and probably in the house somewhere. not good. in fact quite serious.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Anvill-How about rubbing alcohol? Is that somehow associated with the cooking? I'm not seeing any signs of shooting. And I suppose baking powder is a good enough subsitute for baking soda?
C
Old 11-29-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cheekie, I've read your posts, and it doesn't sound like there is much doubt that your husband is using drugs. How do you feel about that? I can understand why you would want to laugh it off with jokes about cooking. Sometimes joking eases the pain of very painful situations. But on a more serious note, I am sorry that you are living with his crazy behavior. I hope you will find some peace this holiday season.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

not sure about rubbing alcohol, unless to clean **** off of "stuff"? and no baking powder will not substitute, anymore than it would in a REAL recipe.

but hon, let's not get bogged down in the baking products aisle...let's think about what is REALLY going on, in and around your precious life. crack addiction is horrid, awful, not one good single thing. just a soul killing decent into madness. this has become your life...and I am SO sorry.

so what is your plan here? when do you change the game? for you.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Rubbing alcohol can be used to dissolve the cut out of the cocaine powder.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I think when you start to find these item that is a good hint that the addiction is very serious. Chore boy would be another product that they use to smoke coke. I learned all this the hard way through my sons horrible progression. Empty pens or even burned light bulbs are used to smoke the crap also.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Back in the day when my room mate was out of rum 151 she would use rubbing alcohol, perfume or anything that was flamable to smoke rock with. She used hemostats to clamp a cottonball and dip it in rum 151 or whatever she had on hand that would ignite a flame.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Back in the day when my room mate was out of rum 151 she would use rubbing alcohol, perfume or anything that was flamable to smoke rock with. She used hemostats to clamp a cottonball and dip it in rum 151 or whatever she had on hand that would ignite a flame.
Wow! That's just crazy scary! Alcohol was my DOC and I don't really have any knowledge of other substances, but that right there is really frightening!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

omg! wow just googled it, eyeopener.... after 6 years... And I thought I was the one who used it while baking, everytime saying to myself; silly girl you must have used it! and I was like no I'm sure I didn't... And I know what basing is, just didn't how and what... thx... feel dumb right now