Serious Adult Recovery House issues in Surrey B.C. Canada

Old 11-24-2013, 01:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Serious Adult Recovery House issues in Surrey B.C. Canada

Hello to everyone ,
I hate the fact that I'm here but I sure am glad to of found this amazing community !. My entire family and I have all had our unfortunate (un)fair issues with addiction and mental health issues.

Right now I am most concerned about my sister. For YEARS my she has been battling addiction to heroin, methadone, cocaine, crack and everything under the sun to help numb her pain with life and mental health related issues. There have been some attempts from her over the years to try and get clean, my recollection of her longest time of sobriety, was over a year.

I really need some help !.

My sister has also been in and out of countless so called recovery homes, for adults, in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada. From my personal experience, stories I've heard from clients, and visits I've had with my sister and all of the effing CRAP I've seen with my own two eyes, is BEYOND unbelievable.
Feel free to Google overdoses/crime at Surrey B.C recovery houses.

Everything from criminal activity of ALL sorts, open drug use, clients overdosing, doctor shopping for pain pills, physical/verbal/financial abuse of the clients and so much, much, more. I don't believe that the places in Surrey, B.C. are properly regulated or licensed and this is why these places get away with this kind of recklessness.
I am REALLY trying very hard to try and convince myself that not all of the recovery houses in Surrey aren't a issue but ALL of the recovery houses that my sister has been in, in, Surrey have had issues. At a few of these places my sister was paying money from her disability cheque to SLEEP ON THE FLOOR, it's ALL about the MONEY and NOT the quality care of the individual, SOMEBODIES LOVED ONE !.

The most important reason I came here, I'm seriously in search of some insight and clarity as to what in the world to do in regards to an incidents that took place with a "director", as she likes to call herself, of a recovery house that my sister was in. It turns out this supposed director her husband and their daughter were getting HIGH with my sister and other clients as well.
Equally as bad this so called hypocrite of a director has opened her fat mouth and blabbed ALL of my sisters personal issues ON FACEBOOK for the entire world to see. How demented, disgusting and highly UNPROFESSIONAL. I took a screen shot of it and sent it to my email and have no idea what my next move should be

Because these place in surrey are unregulated/unlicensed, I have NO clue as to where OR who I report all of this to. Somebody, ANYBODY, please help me, help my sister, in making this drug using director accountable, for her foolish stupidity !

Thank you sincerely for your time !.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My son went to 12+ rehabs and sober living houses. I think they vary considerably. Some are strict and helpful while others just care about you paying the rent. I know my son got bedbugs from one of the houses. Another house had a contract with the Department of Corrections and would get parolees.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am familiar with recovery houses in Ontario and worked at one for two years and never ever experienced what you express.

In Ontario most recovery houses are funded by the Ministry of Health, if that's the case in this recovery house in BC, report it to the Ministry. If it is funded from another source, report it to that source.

If it is a private recovery house, report it to the police.

There is no reason for any recovery house to operate like that. Reporting it is the only way to ensure it is investigated.

Hugs
Old 11-26-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you, Upsetnneedhelp and Ann,