Reflections on a month out of my relationship

Old 11-21-2013, 11:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reflections on a month out of my relationship

Hi all,

I thought I'd check in and let you know how my pooch and I are doing.

It'll be a month tomorrow since i split withy xabf. We were together 6 years, and friends for over 20 (and we are only 34, so thats how long we've been connected.) We still keep in contact, every other day I ask how he is, as I hope he's well and see if he would mind sitting my dog for an hour or two. We both have very strong connections to animals more then people so this is normal for us.

I'm still sadly at mom's until feb probably, but I'm hoping to purchase my own place when I leave, not an easy feat when you live in BC, which has the second highest real estate in the world last i checked (a 2 bd condo,an hour from the city and 900 sq ft costs over 250k lolz).

I'm keeping busy by focusing on therapy and picturing how I will decorate my new place, maybe shallow, but its nice to think of the life i now MAY have as opposed to a pipe dream living with an addict.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedSoxGirl View Post
Hi all,

I thought I'd check in and let you know how my pooch and I are doing.

It'll be a month tomorrow since i split withy xabf. We were together 6 years, and friends for over 20 (and we are only 34, so thats how long we've been connected.) We still keep in contact, every other day I ask how he is, as I hope he's well and see if he would mind sitting my dog for an hour or two. We both have very strong connections to animals more then people so this is normal for us.

I'm still sadly at mom's until feb probably, but I'm hoping to purchase my own place when I leave, not an easy feat when you live in BC, which has the second highest real estate in the world last i checked (a 2 bd condo,an hour from the city and 900 sq ft costs over 250k lolz).

I'm keeping busy by focusing on therapy and picturing how I will decorate my new place, maybe shallow, but its nice to think of the life i now MAY have as opposed to a pipe dream living with an addict.
Good for you! My mom told me yesterday to start picturing my life without my AH, she says if I visualize it, it will become a reality. So when things get rough, I try to picture clean house and me on a bed reading a book and I am at peace I guess one step at the time
Old 11-22-2013, 06:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love the dog!!! It's not shallow to dream and envision the new life you are creating for yourself! It's a healthy thing. It's a motivator. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well and coping at your moms. This too shall pass.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is my ninth month in recovery and visualizing and daydreaming about what my new clean and sober life would look like has been a major tool in my recovery. I am in the process of purchasing a new house. This is something I never would have thought possible while I was dumping my entire salary and then some into my addiction.

Your mother is spot on when she told you to visualize your life the way you want it to look like. The power of positive thinking is amazing and have seen it work magic in my own life. It's good that you are moving forward in your life. Your xabf will have to want recovery for himself. Nothing you or anyone else says or wants for him will ever make him change. It's great that you realize this and are picturing the kind of life YOU want and deserve!