Just an update for those who remember me

Old 11-22-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good Morning, All. I am constantly overwhelmed by the warmth and understanding I receive here. Thank you so much.

I just got off the phone with him a minute ago and says he's going to make some calls today to see about rehab again. This will be rehab #8...or maybe #9. Who knows...but the glimmer of hope shines ever so faintly. Your prayers and good thoughts must be working and are much appreciated.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
My son is 23 now and has been addicted to heroin for 2 years (and other things before that). It seems like an eternity. I'm 90% detached but we still check in with each other about once a week. He's homeless, penniless, and feeling pretty hopeless. He never asks for anything, he just likes to here his mother's voice sometimes. I stopped giving advice long ago, I only remind him that he is loved and tell him I hope he chooses a better life soon.

We live in the south so the weather is still mild--for now. I know I will be filled with anxiety in the months to come, but I'll be OK. I just put it up on a shelf and try not to be consumed by it. Of course, the dark heaviness on my heart never really goes away and when I let my mind "go there" I feel like it won't be long now....

I don't post here much anymore or even read...... it's just too hard. But I always pray every day for all the addicts and their familes who suffer, and most of all my friends here on SR.

God Bless and take care.
Look after yourself, tjp. We're here for you.

ZoSo
Old 11-22-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

(((tjp))) Around the holidays it is especially hard when people we love are living precariously. Have some faith that things will work out. You and your son are in my prayers.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Such good news to hear this morning tjp! I hope he follows through with calling the rehabs. What a gift that would be for both of you...going through the holidays knowing next year could be so different for him. This will be the third Thanksgiving/Christmas we won't see our son. He's been in county jail the last two and this one...well...he will be invited but won't show up. He says he's "too ashamed" to be around family right now. I pray he gives himself the gift of sobriety soon. What a blessing that would be. Keep us posted!
Old 11-22-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

thoughts and prayers for you and your son for a brighter future, and glad to see you back.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We never know when the miracle will happen, tjp, I pray this is your son's time.

Hugs
Old 11-22-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Tjp - I'm sending prayers up for you, your son and your family. You were one of the first people to greet me when I came on board SR. you are fondly remembered and happy to see you back.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sending prayers, trusting our God.
Hugs
TT
Old 11-22-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

((TJP)) - You know we're all always just a click away . Glad to see you, I'm sorry your son is still using. You sound like you know what you need to do for you though.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

So happy to read your update. My prayers are with you and your son.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey there tjp. I've missed you. It is so hard to watch them struggle......we love our sons. They don't want to be addicts. Keep taking care of you and know that you and your dear son are in the prayers of so many.

Sometimes we need to take a little break from SR....and that's ok. Just know that you are not alone and will be embraced with warm (and gentle) hugs whenever you need them.

Hugs to you my friend
ke
Old 11-22-2013, 11:10 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I remember you And I'm so glad you dropped by here & let us know how things are.
We can never walk another's path for them, & it's hard to watch loved ones - especially our children - walk a dangerous road. I wish for peace & a functional life for you & your son, & for all of us & our loved ones.