" auntie overdosed, but she will be ok" .... -_-

Old 11-16-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

" auntie overdosed, but she will be ok" .... -_-

My daughter is turning 7 this month, and her auntie on her dads side is in the hospital. Auntie
has been addicted to meth and heroin for years and years. we have always told the kids that she was sick when she would spin out of control. Last night she was speedballing and stopped her heart. She is stable now and being detoxed at the hospital.

I told my daughter that auntie was sick. She posted on Facebook that it was from having too many red bulls at one time -_- ok. sure.

I'm letting my daughter believe that. She has not entered into the DARE program yet and doesn't know what drugs are. My little one is smart though, and knows that there is more to the story. We have talked about what it means to be addicted to cigarettes, and alcohol. She told me " all that beer is bad for her mommy"

As of right now Auntie has no plans on entering treatment. I sit back and watch this all unfold and think "wow, that could have been me"

I titled this thread the way I did because it was the thought that entered my mind when I was trying to think of what to tell my daughter. I cant even imagine... ugh!!!!

thanks for letting me vent
Old 11-16-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Lily. Sounds like an awful situation. I hope she changes her mind once she's detoxed and decides treatment is a good option. I am so glad it wasn't you!! I'm so glad you decided to save yourself!
Old 11-16-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Lily, I hope she changes her mind after the detox. Your daughter is at such a tender age I feel for you trying to handle the situation. I don't have suggestions; I try to think about how to talk to my son about all this as he gets older if anything should happen with his dad. My prayers are with you.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

>>>>I sit back and watch this all unfold and think "wow, that could have been me<<<<

....but it wasn't you, Lily. And for that we are grateful.

.........prayers for your daughter's Auntie.