Only Hate Remains

Old 11-11-2013, 07:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Only Hate Remains

It's such a sad day when you realize the only feelings remaining for your AH is pure hatred. Twenty long years and I want nothing more then him to leave our lives. We are so peaceful when he isn't around. I always knew this day would come, but I still grieve the possibility of salvaging the marriage I thought I would have forever.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry...sometimes these feelings just rise up and slap us in the face. There is simply no way to deny them any longer. I'm glad you are feeling peaceful when he isn't there. That's a nod from the universe that you are doing what is right for you. Hang in there. Acknowledge the feelings and then release them. You don't want that crap sitting with you too long!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Im sorry. Hopefully in time things will change and your emotions wont be so strong in regards to your ex. I think there is a process of grieving the loss, the dreams. Be kind to yourself.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's natural to be angry, I so dislike what addiction does to our loved ones.

Just don't let the resentments eat you alive, it's good to feel them and release them to the universe and then find peace within ourselves through forgiveness and compassion. Sounds hard but I promise it's the only way to fight back against the pain and healing.

Sending hugs and prayers for you, it is hard to dispel the darkness sometimes.

Hugs
Old 11-12-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
It's such a sad day when you realize the only feelings remaining for your AH is pure hatred. Twenty long years and I want nothing more then him to leave our lives. We are so peaceful when he isn't around. I always knew this day would come, but I still grieve the possibility of salvaging the marriage I thought I would have forever.
I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling what you feel. It's normal.

But you can't allow those feelings to dictate your decision making because that's what can get you into a boatload of trouble...

ZoSo
Old 11-12-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Be careful with hate.

Often we are more impacted by our hate or anger towards others than they are – that is the unfairness of it. They will maybe shortly meet our resentment, but we will live with it every day.

Letting go of such things are not to help them, it is to help our self.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

In time, the hate will dissolve into indifference. That's when you'll know for sure you've won.