SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   I said goodbye to my 13 1/2 year old greyhound today... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/312514-i-said-goodbye-my-13-1-2-year-old-greyhound-today.html)

Freedom1990 11-03-2013 10:33 AM

I said goodbye to my 13 1/2 year old greyhound today...

The vet was kind enough to come to my home this morning. Randy left this world knowing how much he was loved. My youngest daughter Amber was also with us when he crossed the bridge.

I'm raw, but know that my heart will heal. He has now joined my 2 other greyhounds, Lori Ann and Bart, plus a multitude of other canine and feline companions I have loved and lost over the past 30+ years.

I will miss my big shy, goofy old man. :(

suki44883 11-03-2013 10:43 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. :candle6D:

Carlotta 11-03-2013 10:48 AM

I am so sorry for your loss :( Sending you a gentle hug and know that he will be there with his buddies waiting for you when it is your time to transition.

soberhawk 11-03-2013 11:12 AM

I am sorry, it is sometimes the right thing to do.

MIRecovery 11-03-2013 11:16 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. Your loved one will always be missed and never fogotten. My Avatar is my girl AKA the devil dog the most lovable and naughtiest dog I have ever had.

RedSoxGirl 11-03-2013 11:24 AM

I am so utterly sorry. These souls see us through thye best and worst times in our lives. I truly believe they are there for better or worse, not spouses. Randy will come into your life again, I'm sure of that...since I'm completely convinced my current girl is my old boy. They find ways to be with you again.

pinkdog 11-03-2013 11:29 AM

Dear Freedom, sending you a big Hug.

chicory 11-03-2013 12:01 PM

DeVon, I'm so sorry that you had to say good bye to your sweet boy. 13&1/2 , that is a fine old age for a dog. He surely was loved.
My thoughts are with you, and you know that he will always be with you.
great big hugs.

Run like the wind once again, Randy boy.

Ann 11-03-2013 12:01 PM

Freedom, I know the deep love it takes to have the kindness to let them go before they suffer any more. My heart hugs yours because I know how much this hurts, but dear Randy had many years of love from you and I know he would thank you for your kindness.

My Toby always loved dogs and I hope he will meet Randy and make him comfortable in his new place where they wait for us.

Big hugs for your heart of gold.

lizwig 11-03-2013 12:23 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet doggie....I just figured out yesterday our sweet shelter girl is 15 now. She is totally deaf but is as eager as ever to take her walk around the lake each day and greets us with never ending enthusiasm. I am not ready to say goodbye to her. I believe dogs are the only creatures that love us more than they love themselves. I have no doubt yours led a full, happy, spoiled life. Which is exactly as it should be. Big hug to you today.

LoveMeNow 11-03-2013 12:29 PM

So sorry (((Freedom)))

PresentTense 11-03-2013 01:20 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss. I only met one greyhound in my life but I will never forget her. She was absolutely regal. Hoping your memories of your guy hold much comfort...

Vale 11-03-2013 01:40 PM

Randy lucked out.....big time.

A long, happy, loved life (and he KNEW it),surrounded by his loved one's
and at home...

I can only guess that's him in the #1 slot of your 6 doggie photo's.
(let's face it.......six lottery winners in a row!)

big, shy, goofy & LUCKY. If he could speak...you know he would say:

"Thanks, Mom/Dad....for everything."

Dee74 11-03-2013 01:43 PM

I'm sorry for your loss Freedom :hug:

Opivotal 11-03-2013 02:32 PM

Freedom, I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:

Twofish 11-03-2013 02:43 PM

Dear Devon, Words cannot help heal to your heart, only time can do that. Your memories will live on to comfort you and your loved ones. I'm so sad for your loss. TF

overit263 11-03-2013 07:34 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

PaperDolls 11-03-2013 07:37 PM

So tough. I always imagine all my dogs and cats that have passed are somewhere playing and snuggling together talking about how great I was. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery

SnoozyQ 11-03-2013 07:58 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss freedom.
There is nothing like a greyhound for love and loyalty
I hope he finds my greys up there in rainbow bridge
Kenny , 6 months ago , Claude , Violet , Rosie , Larry, Squeeze and many others i have had over 30 years.

Thinking of you but so glad you did the same and got vet to come to you , it lessens the stress a little bit xxx hugs

bluebelle 11-03-2013 10:33 PM

I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.