Happy Halloween

Old 10-31-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween (( Everybody ))

My friends took me to a haunted house a coupe nights ago, not something I have done in a long time. They try to keep me busy, make sure Im never lonely. The haunted house was a little lame, but there were some things there looked gruesome and gave me the heebie jeebies. My mind started playing tricks on me and I couldnt sleep that night and I realized it is from everything I have been through with my H relapse. It was like a horror show, and the zombies, and pale faced dead people reminded me of seeing him in the hospital when he was very sick. Halloween feels ruined for me now except for he candy part of it, no ghost or zombie can ruin that for me.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you had a rough night. I have trouble with fear and anxiety, too. So, haunted houses are not fun for me. I wouldn't mind if they were just completely silly, but I don't like to see disturbing things.

I enjoy seeing pics of little kids in their cute costumes--or dogs dressed up for Halloween. Those things make me smile. Or, I remember some of the fun my friends and I had when we were trick or treating.

I was invited to a Halloween party this year, but didn't go. I was told that the party was pretty "wild." I assumed that meant alcohol and maybe other stuff. I have no desire to be around people with altered minds anymore. I've seen enough of it with family member's addictions.

It's o.k. to make your own Halloween traditions, or just not celebrate at all. Holidays can be a difficult time for people with substance abusers in their families.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Think children in cute costumes. Think carved pumpkins and autumn leaves.

Halloween doesn't have to be scary.

Personally I never watch any scary Halloween movies on TV, my life was scary
enough.

hugs
Old 10-31-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Right, Zombies hit a little too close to home for me. My son has been like a zombie for the last 3 years - now slowly coming back to life.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had a wonderful Halloween!

My AS does a binge kind of thing with drugs. During a drug assessment the counselor described it as he can be clean until he is under a lot of stress and then binges. Also he is on probation so is clean right now. That made for a nice Halloween. He, his girlfriend, her child, my son's two children, my daughter and her child went out trick or treating.

I usually don't dress up to walk along but my daughter and I wanted to. She was a lady in waiting and I was a witch. We had a zombie, frankenstein, and a punk princess (princess with an attitude) do trick or treating.

We had chili before we left. While we were putting on costumes my 14 year old grandson took random things out of a dress up box I keep for the grandkids. He just walked with us but wasn't getting candy. At the house though he put on random things including a tutu and we had fun laughing at him.

My grandson will be 3 on Monday and this was his first real Halloween. At the first house he was soooo shy but as we went on he just ran up with the other kids. His comments were so funny. What a joy watching them!

Then back at the house it was candy trading time. Luckily we all like different things. I had the corner on Milk Duds. My granddaughter did some heavy trading for airheads and gave her dad all her Tootsie rolls as she doesn't like them.

We had so much fun!

Kari
Old 10-31-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had an awesome Halloween! My kids got a lot of candy and carved pumpkins with their cousins! Yaaaaaawn!!! I also don't do scarey .....ever!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I dressed up for the first time in YEARS AND YEARS and scared kids and adults at a friends haunted house. I kept thinking about how I wouldn't have gone if I was still with my xah. I would have worried about if he was stealing something from their house etc. I hope that you can get to a place where things like Halloween are fun for you.