Todays the day I offically leave

Old 10-30-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Todays the day I offically leave

Well this is it, after 6 years I'm moving all my furniture and belongings out of me and axbf's home. This was a difficult decision to make, I knkw J'm making the best one for both of us, but it's still heartbreaking. I hope this is the wake up call he needs to get better and doesn't push him further in the hole. I will never stop hoping for the day he will be better, I will be stronger and we can be together again. Here's hoping thats possible.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know it's difficult but understand how pain can make it to difficult to stay.

When they are using it's so difficult on the family.

I hope for your peace and care.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Know that you are not alone and that you can only save yourself. I too hope this is the wake up call he needs, and I hope you find peace in your decision. It hurts so much but nothing changes if nothing changes. We are walking this road together, and with many others here.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks guys. it doesn't make it easier when you realize today is not only your anniversary, but it was one year ago yesterday he was released from treatment and we had such hope. Little did we know then how it would end up. The counsellor I've been seeing though had a "not shocked" look on her face when I told her how bad he had relapsed and the name of the treatment centre he went to. Apparently their relapse rate is quite high. Granted the relapse is on him, but if you're not learning the proper tools, do you really learn how to cope?
Old 10-30-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had to evict my son from our home in February because of his addiction. He lived by himself for seven months in a rooming house. He has recently started out patient treatment (relapsed once) but now sober for a week and a half. It takes patience and time. The best you can do it to let go. When they are ready they will find treatment. Stay in touch but stay at a distance.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

it was bitter sweet - he's realizing and struggling with the financial burden of being the sole person to take care of the home - something that I struggled with throughout his addiction (even though I made signifgantly less then him). Fingers crossed he will find the psychological help and emotional support he desperately needs.

It was bittersweet though - I converted him from being an anti-sports fan to (although not an outright watcher), a supporter of the Red Sox since (obviously) by my name I'm a massive fan. It was a great night for our team today and was saddening to not share it with him. Especially since he took me on a cross-country trip this year to see my beloved Red Sox at Fenway for the first time (over 3000kms).
Old 10-30-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I wish you well.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your loss.
We've all felt what you are feeling.
It does get better with time.......but that in no way is
meant to minimize what you are feeling today.

Gentle hugs ( and GO REDSOX!)
Old 10-31-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedSoxGirl View Post

I hope this is the wake up call he needs to get better and doesn't push him further in the hole.
sometimes we do not realize what we have

until the well runs dry

tough love at times may be the best love

Mountainman
Old 10-31-2013, 09:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Best wishes. My experience with my son was that he got worse before he started to think about wanting to get better. I hope his bottom is behind him, but only time will tell.