Should I Or Shouldn't I Get Involved With A Former Addict

Old 10-21-2013, 12:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Should I Or Shouldn't I Get Involved With A Former Addict

O.K. so recently I have become involved with a guy that is a former addict. I knew this on our first date, so I did not go into it blind folded. He has been clean for a year and is actively going to N/A meetings. Here is what is concerning me, he is still remaining friends with a guy who still uses and is a dealer as well.. Of course he says that the guy no longer sells drugs or uses them. But for my own protection I done some checking around with a few very reliable sources and they have told in fact the Guy is still using and selling.. So basically if this is true, my male friend has lied to me.. which makes me question if he is using again as well and if he isn't, he still doesn't need to be keeping company with this man. I have also noticed that he has been distant from me for the last few days which makes my mind think "Is he using again?" I really want to have faith that he is staying clean. I just know I'm afraid. Thank You All For Listening.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

A very astute lady once posted this when replying to another poster.

"Addicts drag us down, hurt us, lie to us and their first love is their habit.. Please think about what you need and what you want for your future."

Maybe check out that thread and see if she's still around?
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post3929584
Old 10-21-2013, 03:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wouldn't go there. My new husband relapsed after 13 years. It can happen at any time. He sounds shady already. Run.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you have to ask, don't do it! You have all the information that you need, and if you are being an investigator now, it's only going to get worse.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

you already have doubts and suspicions, you've already done some research and detective work on this guy. you are already afraid. stop the ride right there and get off.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Sherby, The way I see it as I read it, do you want to be tempted and experiment and suddenly find yourself needing drugs to feel normal? Just a thought, is this fella worth the risk with the evidence you have discovered so far? I vote RUN! TF
Old 10-21-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Is this the same bf from 2010 or do you keep picking the same kind of guy??
Old 10-21-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Here is what is concerning me, he is still remaining friends with a guy who still uses and is a dealer as well.. Of course he says that the guy no longer sells drugs or uses them. But for my own protection I done some checking around with a few very reliable sources and they have told in fact the Guy is still using and selling.. So basically if this is true, my male friend has lied to me..
This isn't just a red flag, it's a "Detour Now, Danger Ahead" flag.

No question about it, run girl run.

Hugs
Old 10-21-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I always think of Whoopi Goldberg in Ghost - You in danger girl!