Using for how long?

Old 10-16-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Using for how long?

Does anyone know how long a person has to be using spice in order for them to feel like "dying" when they detox? If my ex fiance was only using it for a week every day before we found out, how could his withdrawals be so bad? He said he couldn't eat or sleep. He just felt like he was dying.....
Old 10-16-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know a lot about "Spice", but I do know that is synthetic, made of lots of chemicals, and it very dangerous. Seriously, this is dangerous stuff. A lot of people have died from using this stuff, so I can totally see why he feels like he is "dying". All of those chemicals could have done some major damage to his internal organs. I think getting to a doctor asap would be the best bet. Does he want to risk his life detoxing from this stuff?
Old 10-16-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We are no longer together so I don't know what exactly he is doing. But before we broke up, he did detox for 2 weeks. He also picked up smoking cigarettes again... At the beginning of our relationship, he was able to quit. It took him a month to quit cigarettes butt everytime we went to visit his family, his dad would pull out a cigar.. And he would smoke with his dad...
Old 10-16-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It took my son about 2 weeks to feel better and his DOC was synthetic marijuana (spice).

His w/d symptoms were agitation; some vomiting; stomach pains;
Old 10-16-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Silentlove, I feel your pain. I had such a hard time to get out of the whys and the what ifs after a break up with an addict. Eventually, I was able to focus more on myself and fixing my own heartache, but it took a while and I still find myself struggling to reconnect with my reality when I lose myself in thoughts about what was the nature of his addiction, why did he lie to me, how could he do this to me, etc. Hugs!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Txhelp View Post
It took my son about 2 weeks to feel better and his DOC was synthetic marijuana (spice).

His w/d symptoms were agitation; some vomiting; stomach pains;
How long was he using do you know?? My ex fiance said he was only using for a week or so before I found out so how could his w/d symptoms be so bad? I don't get it. Could it be longer??? My ex fiance was vomiting, had diarrhea, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep....
Old 10-16-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jjj111 View Post
Silentlove, I feel your pain. I had such a hard time to get out of the whys and the what ifs after a break up with an addict. Eventually, I was able to focus more on myself and fixing my own heartache, but it took a while and I still find myself struggling to reconnect with my reality when I lose myself in thoughts about what was the nature of his addiction, why did he lie to me, how could he do this to me, etc. Hugs!
Did he ever come back to you? It's really hard. I find myself looking at our engagement pictures all the time and can't help but let the tears roll....
Old 10-16-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

He did come back, but by then I had been away from him for long enough to realize that I was angered and hurt by his behavior. I made it clear that I would not tolerate his lying and unreliable behavior any more, and he disappeared again.

Let the tears roll! There is nothing wrong with grieving for the fantasy you had of how things could be. I still feel sad sometimes wishing things could be the way I wanted them with my ex, but as time has gone by I have also started to accept that I was living for a fantasy and what really makes me sad is accepting that in reality he never did end up being the man I wanted him to be.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jjj111 View Post
He did come back, but by then I had been away from him for long enough to realize that I was angered and hurt by his behavior. I made it clear that I would not tolerate his lying and unreliable behavior any more, and he disappeared again.

Let the tears roll! There is nothing wrong with grieving for the fantasy you had of how things could be. I still feel sad sometimes wishing things could be the way I wanted them with my ex, but as time has gone by I have also started to accept that I was living for a fantasy and what really makes me sad is accepting that in reality he never did end up being the man I wanted him to be.

Wow, how long did it take for him to come back? What exactly did he say to you? How long were you guys apart?
Old 10-16-2013, 08:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SilentLove View Post
How long was he using do you know?? My ex fiance said he was only using for a week or so before I found out so how could his w/d symptoms be so bad? I don't get it. Could it be longer??? My ex fiance was vomiting, had diarrhea, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep....
3 years he used.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Awwww, I have tears in my eyes. I am so sorry that both of you have had to go through such heartache. Heartache lingers for a long time, Sometimes it never goes away.

But there is a better future for you, with a better person. There is someone out there who is good, and honest, and wonderful. And when you least expect it, he'll fall right into your lap
Old 10-17-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

some people smoke spice ONCE and their brains are permanently scrambled. chances are at least 50/50 he was using more and longer than he admitted to. addicts tend to minimize.

Spice has contributed to a number of emergency room visits within the last year. Spice addicts reported heart palpitations and respiratory issues. Other side effects from spice include but are not limited to:

•Panic attacks
•Hallucinations and delusions
•Nausea and/or vomiting
•Restlessness
•Dilated pupils and glazed eyes
•Impaired motor coordination
•Foggy memory capacity

It is important to prevent or halt addiction in the beginning stages. Warning signs include compulsively seeking out spice, using it despite one's best intentions to stop, continues abusing spice regardless of negative health and personal outcomes occurring, and acquiring a tolerance.

Withdrawal symptoms from cessation of spice abuse involve:

•Internal unrest, agitation and anxiety
•Trembling extremities
•Tremor
•Heart palpitations
•Panic attacks
•Headache
•Nausea
•Vomiting
•Feelings of depression
•Hopelessness and desperation