Old 10-16-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Being Honest With Ourselves

Wednesday, October 16, 2013
You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Being Honest with Ourselves

Our relationship with ourselves is the most important relationship we need to maintain. The quality of that relationship will determine the quality of our other relationships.

When we can tell ourselves how we feel, and accept our feelings, we can tell others.

When we can accept what we want and need, we will be ready to have our wants and needs met.

When we can accept what we think and believe, and accept what's important to us, we can relay this to others.

When we learn to take ourselves seriously, others will too.

When we learn to chuckle at ourselves, we will be ready to laugh with others.

When we have learned to trust ourselves, we will be trustworthy and ready to trust.

When we can be grateful for who we are, we will have achieved self-love.

When we have achieved self-love and accepting our wants and needs, we will be ready to give and receive love.

When we've learned to stand on our own two feet, we're ready to stand next to someone.

Today, I will focus on having a good relationship with myself.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ann For This Useful Post:
crazybabie (10-17-2013), GardenMama (10-16-2013), lizwig (10-16-2013), pinkdog (10-16-2013), stucna (10-16-2013), Twofish (10-16-2013), Vale (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I love this reading today because it reminds me of the slogan from CoDA....To Thine Own Self Be True.

Until I could focus on healing myself, and finding my balance and learning to live a healthy life, I could not move forward and was frozen in fear.

By taking good care of myself I am able, each day, to share my light and help those who are where I have been.

Just for today, let's take very good care of ourselves, we're worth it.

Hugs
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ann For This Useful Post:
crazybabie (10-17-2013), Fate2012 (10-16-2013), GardenMama (10-16-2013), lizwig (10-16-2013), Twofish (10-16-2013), Vale (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 05:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning Ann, This is so true, thank you. I am so frozen in how I take care of myself and am such a worrier and I want to fix everything and everyone, I forget about myself. Some days I obsess about my kids and their future that I forget about my needs and sometimes I forget to eat b/c I'm so worried. Today I will try to concentrate on me, once I'm gone, I'm gone. I want to live and be happy. Have a good Wednesday everyone! TF
The Following User Says Thank You to Twofish For This Useful Post:
Ann (10-17-2013)