in shock

Old 11-13-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Well SR friends I'm happy to report that today was a success! I met with my husband's counselor by myself and it went great! She was really easy to talk to and focussed on me not just my husband. She gave some great suggestions and challenged me in a couple of areas where I really needed a push. I feel like we are both on the same page with my husband's recovery. I've got a plan for myself and some goals in mind. I'm really excited to move forward. We are going to have a joint session with both my husband and myself next week. I finished out the evening by making lasagna for the first time. It turned out pretty good :-)
Old 11-13-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Im so happy reading your post - Its the best news Ive heard all day !

I missed your "cooking post" last night. I was wondering why people were talking about food Then I saw you posted a minute before I did, and I missed it ! It is a great thing to focus on; challenging, creative and practical. I also love Pinterest; my downfall is pinning things I wish I could buy.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:19 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Bravo! I think you may find the book Getting Your Loved One Sober co-authored by Dr. Robert Meyers, helpful for your situation. The ideas in this book may help you find the middle ground between avoiding the problem and doing all you can to help. Part of the philosophy of the book is to identify a small change you can make and then see if it is helpful. As you discover new behaviors that are helpful, you can do more of those. Also, you if you discover any of your behaviors are not helpful for right now, you may choose to do those less.

(MB/09)