To contact parents / god parents or not

Old 10-12-2013, 11:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To contact parents / god parents or not

Hello everyone,

I have been perusing the boards for a while.

I'm just coming out of an extended affair with a 19 year old drug addict girl (I'm 24 male)....

I'm confused.

I've read about BPD/NPD/Addiction so much I don't know what to do.

My ex admitted to me she had a problem and wanted help, but did not want her mother to know.

I tried to stay with her but the emotional/physical/verbal abuse just became overwhelming. I tried Al-Anon, prayer, therapy, group therapy, anything to stay. I fully realize my codependency and I'm working on my own issues.

I guess I just had to ask. Her mother admittedly does not care if she uses drugs. Her father is dead of drugs. Her extended family knows drug abuse is rampant in the family, and may or may not care. I don't know who knows, how much, or how much they'd care.

Is it even worth it to say anything to anyone, to tell anyone the point she's gotten to?

I just hate to see her die from her abuse with literally no support, when I know there are people in her family that could help her.

I know I've got to let her go. I just want to know, does anyone have experience regarding contacting family?
Old 10-12-2013, 11:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FallingSlowly1 View Post
I just hate to see her die from her abuse with literally no support, when I know there are people in her family that could help her.

I know I've got to let her go. I just want to know, does anyone have experience regarding contacting family?
I have no experience in this, but it doesn't sound like the people in her life are in any way capable of helping/supporting her (unless they themselves are recovered/in recovery).
Old 10-13-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The one time BF of my AD and another friend of hers and other kids she knew all told me at various times that she had serious problems. It wasn't anything we did not know but we were not able to help her when she was bent on dong as she pleased. Maybe it made them feel they had done all they could so if it gave them peace I guess it was fine.