AD is pregnant

Old 10-09-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AD is pregnant

My AD was arrested a few days ago and has an initial court appearance in 2 days on what will be felony drug possession. She called today to tell me she is pregnant and plans to pursue an abortion even if it means she will miss her court date. She does not want to risk being incarcerated and having to give birth to a kid that may have some serious problems in addition to being the child of an unmarried, unemployed addict with psychiatric issues. I have advised her to contact the court and ask if her court date could be moved up to allow for her doctor visits. Anyone know if this kind of thing is ever done? The whole situation is just so discouraging.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I will keep your daughter in my prayers, EJG, this must be a stressful time for all of you.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

I'm really sorry to hear that EJ. I agree with you about contacting the court, I'm sure they would postpone for medical.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dear EJG, All I can say is we are here for you. This is a tough one that I have no experience with. I do agree with Ann, see if the court appearances can be worked around the Dr. visits.
My tears are for you today, I'm so sorry. Very gentle hugs to you, keep posting, keep reading, we are always here. TF
Old 10-10-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
totfit

There is no reason to miss an initial court appearance. Nothing is going to happen at this appearance that will get her locked up. Missing it could definitely have an impact however. For better or worse it would be best for her to face this. The court appearance would be half a day of her time and she can schedule around it. It may be more likely that she is having difficulty facing "everything" at one time. My thoughts are with both of you.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((EJG))

my thoughts & prayers are with you & your daughter

I'm pretty sure my daughter was sober the majority of her first pregnancy, but the 2nd & 3rd are a totally different story ~ she went thru some jail time during those pregnancies and many other things ~ To be honest, I can't really tell you what all happened because there were so many half truths, lies and mixed up stories ~ I really don't know.

I can tell you that she did choose to delivery both of those babies and by her HP's Grace - both were healthy babies.

For me, what I learned is when our loved ones are at their worst in their disease ~ we need to be at our best in our recovery. For me, it was the only thing that saved my sanity.

gentle pink hugs
Old 10-10-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks all for your support. I didn't sleep well last night. I just kept praying that she would have some guidance from HP.

Somehow this morning she managed to convince the court to delay until next week so that she could terminate her pregnancy. Otherwise she might have been jailed after the hearing tomorrow due to a technicality (AD paid her bail in muny court but the funds need to transfer to county court before county considers her bail paid. This might not happen for a few days so she could be held by county awaiting the bail transfer.)

She has her preliminary visit to the clinic tomorrow with the termination likely to happen on Saturday. Although it won't be a picnic for her to have the procedure done with just a local anesthetic, she thinks it would be better than possibly being morning sick and going through withdrawal in jail. I'm praying for her to be okay physically and emotionally with her decision.