The worst thing an addict ever does...

Old 10-13-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Paraphrasing Bill Wilson, if you sober up a drunk horse thief, you still have a horse thief not a saint.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My ex relapsed when our daughter was around 5 months old which is around the time
I got an IUD put in. Within a few weeks my body reacted strongly to the copper (?) and
I was very weak.Very sick.Strangers asked me if I was going to pass out (while holding
my small baby of course). Meanwhile my ex screamed at me cause I didn't go grocery
shopping and didn't cook dinner.
One night I remember him slamming the door as he went to eat out. (we lived too far
for any delivery). I begged him to take me back some take-out and he screamed at me
some more...He didn't bring me back anything.

So, OP, even if your husband moves out you get to raise his child, the one he had with
another woman? How many kids do you have? How old are they?

I did learn at a very young age to try to control people or make them love me by being
nice. It's only very recently that I realized that.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My husband was focusing on trying to get sober. He was doing great and I thought our marriage was better than ever when he suddenly started an affair with a woman that also has substance abuse issues. He started drinking everyday with this woman and turned into that stereotypical slurring and stumbling drunk. He cleared out our bank account buying her gifts and paying for hotel rooms. He stole my engagement ring and tried to give it to her. She didn't think my diamond was big enough for her though so she rejected it and he had the nerve to bring the ring back to me and try to put it back on my finger. He ended up getting a car repossessed that was financed in both our names that we still owe $18,000 on after it was auctioned off. I'm sure I will end up paying for all of it. I had to borrow money from my sister that she had saved to buy Christmas gifts for her son to pay our rent because he also took my ATM card out of my purse from my personal account and cleared out that money while I was sleeping. He knew our nephew would have his Christmas ruined but did not care and used our rent money to buy this woman who already had an Iphone the latest version. He basically spent every penny we had and left us both with destroyed credit and a ton of debt all over this woman who is so unattractive everyone who has seen her thought she was a transvestite the first time they saw her. And then he told me I forced him to cheat because I was supporting him in trying to get sober and won't drink with him anymore. Despite the fact that it will probably take me 10 years to recover from this financially I am actually grateful this happened because I have this sick man out of my life and I know I will never allow anyone treat me this badly ever again. As much I want to be married and have a family of my own I am better off alone than stuck in that dysfunctional marriage. This was a very painful and expensive lesson but I am grateful I only wasted 10 years of my life with him instead of spending the rest of my life in misery hoping that he will someday sober up and be a good man.