Pills to heroin

Old 10-06-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Let me share my experience of witnessing "suboxone" as a treatment for an opiate addict. The idea was to taper off of it over 6-8 month period. My exbf got down to 1/4 strip a day and when the idea of ending it altogether was near and real his anxiety was such that the same Dr at the "pain management-pill mill" prescribed benzo's to help with his anxiety. YES gave a pill addict more pills. Then to cover his records told my ex he needed an mri and then a procedure to give an epidoral into his herniated disks in his back. Then prescribed subs all over again saying now it was being used as a pain med.

So 3 years later not only is he hooked on the subs and getting crap procedures done so the dr can justify the prescriptions he's now hooked on benzo's.

Subs are never the "easy button" but that s what the addicts always look for. Then we as codies justify it because there behavior appears better then they were using other stuff.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

jjj111-
Spinning hopeful visions, exactly! ohhh the self-pep talks Ive been audience to!
Old 10-06-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

LOL, my mother used to say "if wishes were horses then beggars would ride." My ex could be so charming when he was conjuring up fantasy horses that would ride us off into the sunset.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ha- this one is also a charismatic charmer. When he gets on his sermons about quitting I just get up and walk away. Same, repeated lines..like a broken record...Hes really only talking to himself and I happen to be in the room.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It might be interesting (and empowering) to look him in the eye next time he launches into one of his fantasy trips and say "I'm not listening to your words any more. I'm listening to your actions. You are a smart guy and I think you know how to get help when you want it."
Old 10-06-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Or it might just cause a fight, LOL. It sounds like you are pretty realistic about the fact that he's spinning his wheels right now. You just have to decide how much you're willing to put up with.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

heard this a million times

Originally Posted by Antonchigurh View Post
Oops! Now rehab is not something he can do because he doesnt want to quit the job he has and feels responsible for the debt he put us in. Which he is. He does well on suboxone and "will try to get on that". Something will go awry. He'll have it for 4 or 5 days from a friend who has a legal prescription, then he'll run out, then hell simply HAVE to use heroin and repeat repeat repeat.
I have heard the very same thing about a million times, actually heard this today from my addict husband who I finally made leave my home after 4 years of watching him self-destruct. He will be homeless tomorrow since a friend of his allowed him to stay with him for 3 days. I don't think the reality of the situation has hit him yet - he has nowhere to live, no phone, no car, no money, and may lose me completely if he does not get help, but he is more concerned about getting a cell phone and working than getting himself to a rehab facility. He claims he absolutely has to work right now because he has so many debts to pay, and because he has to rent a hotel room until there is an available spot for him at a rehab facility.

Yet he hasn't even tried to get into a program over the past 3 days because he has been "so busy working". Seriously, no time at all? Not even 5 minutes? And claiming that he needs to work to pay off his debts is a bunch of BS. He has had years to come to this conclusion. He was never once concerned with the hole he dug himself into before, and I have been the one busting my ass paying for EVERYTHING. So now that he has nothing he decides he wants to be financially responsible. BS! I have heard the same excuse so many times, and I have finally decided that I am not going to even entertain his lies anymore. Until he goes to rehab and is clean for a significant period of time, I believe nothing.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

In my experience with suboxine and my AH he abused it. It was just something he used to not be sick from one high to the next.
You can use H and suboxine in the same day. Yes, you will get high from it. Crazy!