Knowledge - LLG

Old 10-05-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Knowledge - LLG

Saturday, October 5, 2013

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Knowledge

Learn to let yourself be guided into truth.

We will know what we need to know, when we need to know that. We don't have to feel badly about taking our own time to reach our insights. We don't have to force insight or awareness before it's time.

Yes! Maybe the whole world saw a particular truth in our life, and we denied it - until we were ready to deal with it. That is our business, and our right! Our process is our own, and we will discover our truths at the right time, when we are ready, when the learning experience is complete.

The most growth-producing concept we can develop for others and ourselves is to allow ourselves to have our own process. We can give and receive support and encouragement while we go through this process. We can listen to others and say what we think. We can set boundaries and take care of ourselves, when needed. But we still give others and ourselves the right to grow at our own pace, without judgment, and with much trust that all is well and is on schedule.

When we are ready, when the time is right, and when our Higher Power is ready - we will know what we need to know.

Today, I will let myself and others have our own pace and time schedule for growth and change. I will trust that I will be empowered with insights and the tools for dealing with these insights, at the right time.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

But we still give others and ourselves the right to grow at our own pace, without judgment, and with much trust that all is well and is on schedule.
Amen, sister. I need to remember to be grateful to those who went before me and didn't rush me to catch up. And when a newcomer walks in here, I need to remember how very long it took me to "get it" and have patience and share my own experience, strength and hope so that they too can move forward at their own pace.

We're ready when we're ready and not a moment before.

Hugs and thanks for the reminder.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Amen, sister. I need to remember to be grateful to those who went before me and didn't rush me to catch up. And when a newcomer walks in here, I need to remember how very long it took me to "get it" and have patience and share my own experience, strength and hope so that they too can move forward at their own pace.

We're ready when we're ready and not a moment before.

Hugs and thanks for the reminder.
Amen to all of the above. It took me several years to "get it". I wasn't ready until I was ready even though I desperately wanted to be.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I agree, today's reading is a great reminder of how far I have come but how far I still have to go.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's the journey, LMN, not the destination that counts.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sadlady

I only had to read the first post from lovemenow; so well said. We can state our opinions, make remarks ; suggestions etc on what to do; but it all boils down to ; in time we do find the light and we all learn at different paces. Do not judge someone that has a hard time leaving a relationship from an alcoholic. We must trust overselves that we have the insight in us and will emerge in time. Progress is sometimes slow but is still progress.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is why I love it here on SR....we all come here for something and i will speak for myself when i say that i have learned so much from all of you!
Old 10-06-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sadlady

I will never judge a soul and expect the same back. We each will find in our own heart what is right for our lives. We are all seeking help, support and understanding not a "should do this" attitude. Alcoholism is a devastating disease. Just go to any big city and you will see all the lost homeless souls... could any of this been prevented in this society, or should we all just turn our backs completely. just stating this for compassion, not to live or love the homeless person..
hopefully someone out of millions of lost souls of alcoholism ...maybe just maybe one will be saved.