Back Again...

Old 10-03-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Back Again...

It has been several months since I have been on here but I am back again for support. My brother has been in prison & since I haven't had to worry as much & I have been able to communicate w/ him, I haven't felt the need to be on here. However, he is in a bad place in prison & is suffering. A member of the CWB's gang has targeted him & now he is in the Shu for fighting back, or maybe protection, I don't really know. Anyhow, he has been sending me some poetry a/b his life & I think it is really good & would love to hear what ya'll think about his work. I would love to be able to relay to him what all of you think & maybe somehow it will help him out a little. I thought maybe some of you could write on here a msg or letter & I could type it up & mail it to him. What do ya'll think?

It would be of huge help to him, I think. Plus, what he has to say might shine some light into an addicts thinking.

Thanks for listening.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My brother is an addict also, and has been in & out of jail & prison over the past 10 years. I would enjoy reading his work. My brother is an amazing artist, so much potential there if he could focus on art like he focuses on finding a way to get his next rock.
I wanted to let you know I know what it's like to worry about a brother's safety in prison, and I know exactly what you mean about not "having to worry" when they're locked up. It's actually a relief for me & my parents when he is incarcerated - we know he is not sleeping under a bridge, we know he is alive, eating, and clean.
Sending a virtual hug,
Heather
Old 10-03-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tell him that you love him and you will support him if he chooses recovery. Looks like he thinking through things. Tell him that change in possible and all changes start with the first step.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mybrother View Post
It has been several months since I have been on here but I am back again for support. My brother has been in prison & since I haven't had to worry as much & I have been able to communicate w/ him, I haven't felt the need to be on here. However, he is in a bad place in prison & is suffering. A member of the CWB's gang has targeted him & now he is in the Shu for fighting back, or maybe protection, I don't really know. Anyhow, he has been sending me some poetry a/b his life & I think it is really good & would love to hear what ya'll think about his work. I would love to be able to relay to him what all of you think & maybe somehow it will help him out a little. I thought maybe some of you could write on here a msg or letter & I could type it up & mail it to him. What do ya'll think?

It would be of huge help to him, I think. Plus, what he has to say might shine some light into an addicts thinking.

Thanks for listening.
My son was also in trouble or whatever after stabbing a guy with a fork .... he is set to be released from prison tomorrow morning after 3 years.

I choose not to write much as I could see the manipulation in his letters and I would not do that dance like your brother my son is very talented hopefully he will choose to use his talents in a positive way.

I would enjoy reading some of your brothers work but only if you ask him first it could be he is sending you his thoughts and believes they are being kept private.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Permission

Yes, he told me I could post his poetry.