Abandonment Issues

Old 09-18-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Abandonment Issues

I just found out that my therapist (whom I love and was just really getting comfortable with) is leaving the office that I go to. I am very upset by this news and even though I know it has nothing to do with me, cannot help but feel abandoned by another man I trusted. I scheduled an appointment with the doctor that is replacing him, but it is going to take a lot of will power for me to keep that appointment. I am so disappointed. I really was just feeling like it was a safe place and feel like I had the rug pulled out from under me.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I understand you are figuring "how can I bond with another or tell my story all over."

Maybe look at it this way....every relationship is different. Perhaps, with a new therapist, you will take a different road, gain new perspectives, and learn something different about yourself.

It's actually healthy to move on and learn to trust again. You therapist is leaving the office and not you. It's a part of life and good for you to know that trust hasn't been broken....it's just being allowed to grow!