Angry

Old 09-16-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry

My husband went to a doc today to start with the suboxone treatment the right way vs off the street.

Now im supposed to support him according to him.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

that's a bit audacious....very much King Baby Syndrome! how about you tell him, hey, check in with me in six months, then we'll talk about confetti and streamers.

recovery, true recovery, has three elements:

Honesty
Open Mindedness
Willingness

with a huge dose of HUMILITY.

when you SEE all of those in him....then you'll know if he is serious or just trying the easier softer way.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

check in with me in six months, then we'll talk about confetti and streamers.
AnvilheadII - I just love the way you word things.....cracks me up......lol. Zebrapop.....all I can say is ditto what AnvilheadII said.....but I'm not clever enough to have thought of it.

Take care of you.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-16-2013, 09:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zebrapop View Post
My husband went to a doc today to start with the suboxone treatment the right way vs off the street.

Now im supposed to support him according to him.

Frustrating .....all you have been through. I was reading on your other threads, and it sounds like one of your biggest issues apart from the lying (which is a big violation of the trust between you of course)....was that he was getting the subs off the street and not using the doctor where your insurance would cover it. Its my guess that he feels like he is meeting your request by the action he took, and so now he thinks he's fixed things. Of course it doesn't work that way when the trust is broken, and he has caused you so much confusion, and pain... I think you will have to explain that part to him (again)
Old 09-16-2013, 09:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hate it when they want a damn parade. No one ever throws one for me, and I get important s*** done EVERY DAY.

Right there with you, Zebra.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for a the replies that let me know I'm not crazy!

I think my biggest issue at this point is that if he has been "sober" for two years (i dont buy it) and he was capable of watching me suffer...cuz remember all the addict behavior was still there...worrying/fighting/kicking him out...he had to only tell me "hey listen im not back on drugs, i am doing .....suboxone. Never. He is capable of torturing me that way.
So upsetting.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

In his mind he may have been "saving" you the discomfort of you knowing he needed help. It's a hard thing for a man to admit. (not one of their good qualities).
I hope and pray that he uses them the way that he should be. I know a good suboxone doctor will also include about an hour of therapy or counseling to find out where your husband is emotionally and mentally. The clinics that are just in and out... tend not to be the best place for someone who probably and honestly needs the counseling. He should be getting some sort of counseling along with the suboxone. Best wishes.