Life at the bottom - Tunnel Living

Old 09-04-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life at the bottom - Tunnel Living

Yesterday Dr Phil started a two part series about four girls who asked for his help in finding their mom, a meth user who had taken to life living underground in the tunnels under Las Vegas. She had been in recovery at one time in AA and met a man there, and at some point they relapsed together and ended up in the tunnels. I am recording the second half today, but the first part was very enlightening to me. I thought maybe others would like to tune in and watch.
It will be interesting to see if Dr Phil can reunite her with her daughters, and if he can get her to accept some help. As Ive heard here often, addicts are resourceful, and the setup in the tunnel was a good example.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Meth use is more powerful than Dr. Phil and two daughters combined. My prayers go out for that woman and her daughters. This is not likely to have a happy ending any time soon.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OneNightAWeek View Post
Yesterday Dr Phil started a two part series about four girls who asked for his help in finding their mom, a meth user who had taken to life living underground in the tunnels under Las Vegas. She had been in recovery at one time in AA and met a man there, and at some point they relapsed together and ended up in the tunnels. I am recording the second half today, but the first part was very enlightening to me. I thought maybe others would like to tune in and watch.
It will be interesting to see if Dr Phil can reunite her with her daughters, and if he can get her to accept some help. As Ive heard here often, addicts are resourceful, and the setup in the tunnel was a good example.
I saw Part 1 and have Part 2 set to tape.

I thought Troy Dunn did an excellent job talking to her. He seems as good as Dr. Phil....

Kari
Old 09-05-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KariSue View Post
I saw Part 1 and have Part 2 set to tape.

I thought Troy Dunn did an excellent job talking to her. He seems as good as Dr. Phil....

Kari
I agree, Troy Dunn was amazing.

I was only able to watch about half of part 2 last night. But I saw the part with the daughters confronting their mom.

I dont know anything about meth use, but they seemed different than I would have expected. I mean they had that tiny hampster they cared for in the tunnel, and more than anything else it just seemed like they were beat down from life, and from the past (what happened when she was a child was horrible), and it makes you really think about what people go through in life, and I mean they had accepted more or less living in that tunnel with the tin can as a warning signal for water coming, and I dont know I just found it interesting how people can adapt, but didnt seem like it was anywhere near a bottom or breaking point for them. I think that is why the approach of Troy Dunn was so good, he talked about the good and the hope, while at the same time facing reality.

Hopefully I can watch the rest of it tonight.