Patience

Old 09-01-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Patience

Sunday, September 1, 2013

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Patience

Sometimes we get what we want right away. At other times, we wonder if our desires will ever be fulfilled.

We will be fulfilled in the best way possible and as quickly as possible. But some things take time. Sometimes, we have lessons to learn first, lessons that prepare us so we can accept the good we deserve. Things are being worked out in us, and in others. Blocks in us are being removed. A solid foundation is being laid.

Be patient, Relax and trust. Let go. Then, let go some more. Good things are planned for us. We will receive them at the first available moment. We will have all our heart longs for. Relax and trust.

Today, I will identify what I want and need; then, I'll be willing to let go of it. I will devote my energy to living my life today, so I may master my lessons as quickly as possible. I will trust that what I want and need is coming to me. I will let go of my need to control the details.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Patience is a virtue that I struggle to grasp. Oh sometimes I can be patient, but most times I want things to happen NOW. When I propose an idea or plan that includes others, whether at work or at home, I just hate it when they say "let me think about that". I want answers NOW...because I struggle with patience.

I am an organized person, it's part of what I do (I'm an accountant) and it's part of who I am "the organized person who gets things done" donchaknow.

I need to ponder on this one today. And I need to work a whole lot harder on "patience".

Hugs
Old 09-01-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Ann, I have your solution but you will need to wait until I think about it.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I want patience---and I want it NOW!!!!!
Old 09-01-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ugh...patience......I have so little BUT.....I have so much more than I used to have! So those who think I have little patience now......ya shoulda known me when I REALLY didn't have patience!

How on earth did I live through dial up internet speeds of 14.4 or 28.8 without committing a homicide? I'll never know.......

Patience is a virtue......if that's the case......I need to work on being more virtuous. Just because I've come a long way baby.....doesn't mean I'm "there".

gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-01-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jules

Patience is definitely not my virtue but one I have been working on more and more in sobriety. Thanks for this post!!!
Old 09-01-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I must have been born impatient because I know as a child my impatience would drive my mother nuts.

My mother, bless her heart and may she rest in peace, used to have the most annoying poem that she would recite about patience. I loved my mother but, honestly, I could have poured a bucket of ice water over her head when she would recite it...

When a string is in a knot
Patience will untie it.
Patience can do anything
Did you ever try it?

Love you mama in heaven, even if you could be really annoying at times.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

...time and me versus any other 2 opponents....
Old 09-01-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The lesson of patience is one of the most important lesson my HP has been trying to teach me. Another is to manage and conserve my energy. Be patient and conserve your energy and resources for when they will be needed. Do not burn yourself out too fast or too early. Life is a marathon not a sprint.