back again..after a year && a half. =\

Old 08-29-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

back again..after a year && a half. =\

hello all,

I didnt post much when I was here the last time..but long story short I'm 24 years old, been with my boyfriend for 7 years now. 2 years ago he got into heroin, and around Christmas went to detox. never really followed a recovery plan aside from counseling, but managed to stay clean a year. about two months ago he came clean that he had relapsed. went to detox again, and has been "trying" to get into rehab since. he is working with the SA and according to his stories, they don't seem like a very reliable place. had a date scheduled and the intake coordinator just didnt show up for work? seems fishy. this has gone on too long in my opinion..so I've cut off contact until he gets into a rehab and starts moving in the right direction. I'm only a day into it, and it's so incredibly hard. he's my best friend and I find myself worrying constantly. I know I have to do this for my sanity..and my own well being otherwise I'm going to drug down. i have a counselor and have attended meetings in the past but with my job schedule it's hard to make it to either. not to mention I have anxiety issues to begin with, this is all taking a toll on me. any encouragement is appreciated..I'm trying to do the right thing. thanks in advance..
Old 08-29-2013, 09:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi! My fiancé went into rehab for opiates almost three months ago. Did your bf go into detox willingly? What I found is that my fiancé really wanted help and came to me and asked for it and if it weren't for me he probably wouldn't have ever gotten in on his own. Once I got him in to detox he begged for me to find him a rehab to go to as soon as he got out of detox. They aren't in the right state of mind when in active addiction and even detox, all they are worried about is their next high. Therefore if he willingly came to you for help do the work in finding him a place, it may take some work coordinating with his case mgr. wherever he is detoxing. Get him in to a rehab and let him begin his own path through recovery. If he's willing to recover and take the program seriously it will be his saving grace. I know it was for my fiancé.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi blindsided...I'm sorry your boyfriend is having a difficult time lining up rehab. Keep in mind many Rehabs won't take someone seriously until they call THEMSELVES. Otherwise they view it as just another wife, mother, dad, sister, brother, friend trying to "save" the person who may not be fully committed to their own recovery. There is such a fine line between supporting and enabling. Many of us struggle with this.