Worry about me?

Old 08-23-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Worry about me?

So from now on no more checking emails or anything with him. It's his responsibility to keep sober not mine. How do I get over that suspicion how do you regain trust?
Old 08-23-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

I know for me, I never regained trust again for my ex husband.. it seemed like every time I was ready to trust him again I caught him in another lie.. I think it takes a long time and a lot of work to regain trust.. as far as being suspicious.. I had to just detach myself from that situation and just come to the conclusion that he was going to do what he was going to do and I had no control over what he was or wasn't doing..

Keep the focus on you
Old 08-23-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
TMZ

After checking on the A for so lone you finally realize you are spending too much time playing detective and life becomes a job instead of enjoyable. You can only control you and they will do as they choose so just worry about the things that you can control.

Trust takes about 4 years to build sometimes more if the trust you had given had been broken. It takes the other person to prove it constantly.

Do something nice for yourself today, take a step back from the situation for a bit.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've been trying but I'm waiting for the next screw up ya know? I do love and care for him but if I did some detective work and if what I found made me furious then I could really close the door! We all know how addicts are as sweet as pie when their caught read handed and will say anything with no remorse
Old 08-23-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
TMZ

I have learned to go with the gut feeling. You know it you have felt it. sometimes you have to rely on your feelings. It is best to detach with love and only offer love.........