Huge question

Old 08-20-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Huge question

Does methadone make you have the same feelings as heroin? Does it make you sound drowsy and high? We're talking on the phone and I can't help but feel that he may be should I trust my instincts he sounds dopey?
Old 08-20-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The more we talk I feel like he could be but I've never been around him while he was on methadone and he just got out of 21 days in rehab I don't know what to do I can't Even enjoy talking to him because its all I can think is that he may be high! He keeps saying how much he misses me and it hurts to think he wasted those 21 days and I'm supposed to see him this weekend and I'd hate to go up to see him for the weekend just to clarify that he's still using but I know what I have to do if that's the case. Does anyone have input on behavior on methadone?
Old 08-20-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

I don't have any experience with methadone only suboxone.. My ex was on it for waaaaayyyyy too long and he did appear high at times.. He could have been using in conjunction with that as well, who knows... I do know that a lot of addicts are addicted to methadone and I never understood the concept of taking another drug to get off drugs but that's just me and my opinion..

If your feeling uneasy and don't trust him then don't go see him.. Now more then ever it's important for you to set some boundaries for yourself, get to a meeting of your own and put the focus on you and not wether he is using or not..

I will tell you this.. Always trust your gut.. Mine never ever steered me wrong...
Old 08-20-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah I'm feeling like he is ****** UP! But it's confusing because some have told me when someone takes a high dose of methadone they get all drowsy and euphoric. This bull **** is getting SOOO annoying and frustrating its like **** or get off the pot. It would be much easier if he was like yep I'm high so than I could say ok I thought so, see YA never and then move on but instead I have to get that proof I'm always giving people benefit of the doubt not just him but other idiots. Sooooooo tiresome thinking of shutting the phone off to him playing sick and going to the movies with an awesome funny friend. (I hate meetings listening to others problems makes me think more of my own and get angry especially when the bring drunk/high spouse)
Old 08-20-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
TMZ

Yes!
Go to this page to learn more about ithttp://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/suboxone-methadone-maintenance-detox/173699-methadone.html

If he went through rehab why is he doing methadone? That is not normal for someone that has attended rehab. That is a BIG RED FLAG !!!! Rehabs do not condone replacement therapy!

Something is up with him and you need to follow your gut feelings.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

From experience with my ex.. He will never admit to you or anyone else that he is high.. It's part of the addiction, lying to others, lying to themselves..

I think turning off your phone for the evening and going out with a friend is a good idea.. Give yourself some space from all of this and do something for yourself..

I've wouldn't give up on meetings.. I've been to some meh alanon meetings and then I've been to some awesome alanon meetings where I found some strong recovery and awesome support.. I meeting shopped before I found one that I liked.. The one I go too is awesome.. We don't discuss our addicts or past addicts at all.. We keep the focus on ourselves and share ways that we can make our lives more manageable.. Please reconsider giving one a try
Old 08-20-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Update he finally admitted to taking a kolonopin which is complete bull for him kpin=heroin and LOTS whatever he wasted 21 days locked in rehab NOT me I've ignored all phone calls and immediately hung up after he said the word kolonopin. My spellings off because I'm pissed BUT, the rehab he went to is in Philly it's called te kirkbride center they fill you up on methadone the entire program and send u to a clinic nearby everyday with drug tests to get the methadone. Phillys a messed up world. Anywho I also could not get through any of what I have without this sites support and advice. Rarely are there happy endings with heroin boyfriends or fiances it husbands. He has sucked me dry literally in fact the entire time away I was enjoying life! I was doing better at work getting along with family going out with friends. As soon as I knew he was coming home I was ecstatic I was so ready to pack a bag and spend an awesome weekend like old times with him. Thank God Im no longer traveling on the train to ****** Philly to watch him nod off pick at dinner and take my happiness. If I could write him a letter it would say good luck with you.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Leah,
Many rehabs have Psych Dr. on staff that prescribe methadone or suboxone. Methadone is an oppiates also, so yes people have experienced similar effects as Herion when beginning treatment. You could google and read side effects.

Question for you. Could this possibly have more to do with that little voice within telling you this guy isn't good for me then whether or not he's working his program? Think about it? Do you really want to keep doing the "same old" with someone who could relapse at any time dragging you down with him? Wouldn't it be better to do "Leah" and move forward with all the great things you're doing in life like cosmetology and nursing?

I've read your posts. You're an intelligent, exciting young women with a bright future ahead of you!

You deserve the best! Please, don't settle for less!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
Leah,
Many rehabs have Psych Dr. on staff that prescribe methadone or suboxone. Methadone is an oppiates also, so yes people have experienced similar effects as Herion when beginning treatment. You could google and read side effects.

Question for you. Could this possibly have more to do with that little voice within telling you this guy isn't good for me then whether or not he's working his program? Think about it? Do you really want to keep doing the "same old" with someone who could relapse at any time dragging you down with him? Wouldn't it be better to do "Leah" and move forward with all the great things you're doing in life like cosmetology and nursing?

I've read your posts. You're an intelligent, exciting young women with a bright future ahead of you!

You deserve the best! Please, don't settle for less!
Well we've spent a lot of our relationship together and alot on the phone it was like the phone was glued to my head when I would get home from spending the weekend with him. So I can tell in his voice if he's high or not. But half of me thinks and half of me is confused but I have experienced so much with his lies that I don't even know what to believe from him EVER. I do feel stress free without him. But at the end if that day I miss him and want to hold him and kiss and all that silly crap. But I know I can find it with someone else. I never understood why the pill of an addict was so much stringer then the pull of a stupid boyfriend that had a good job and treated me ok but became annoying or had our differences they were easy to say goodbye to and brush off why is this one so much harder? I know it's not my fault if he ever over doses or gets hurt its his choice. He really is leaving voicemails of hey I'm going to get ice cream I love you ill call you when I get back. Like did you not see that I hung up on you and ignored all your calls? What the hell ails you man!!!! Ugh so frustrating thank you so much!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Leah,
Addicts are super good at manipulating. I know because I am one. He can read you like a book. He knows exactly what you want to hear to keep you coming back to him. The problem is that it's not authentic! He is going to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it. Everything is about him, his needs his wants! Please, please don't play into that!

You have a good head on your shoulders and the heart to go with it. Keep those boundaries in place. Try to be strong and patient. Work on YOU right now! Think about what YOU want for your life. What kind of life do YOU want to have? The choices you make right now in your life will determine your future. Don't let a sweet talking addict make those choices for you.

Only time will tell if he truly wants to live his life clean and sober.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well he's said that he's been prescribed the kolonipins but I pointed out that he didn't sound strung out yesterday the day before the day before thy ect ect THEN oh this is my favorite the tears I know them well because I USED to pull them everytime I didn't get my way (it's karma I've grown out of it I was a bitch at 16) then he talks about his dying grandmother (totally ef you for this because I just buried mine who raised me since I was 3 a month ago shame on him for trying to get me there) I can't wait to get off that train march into his house grab all of my belongings and place this stupid ring right in his hand! This is the most furious I've been in a long time! If you're prescribed the kpins why the hell are you messed up today yet fine previous weeks? As an addict do they ever realize how stupid their lies sound? It's almost amusing in a sick way to see him beg an cry it makes up for all of the times I walked in and caught him ready to go into ****** land all the nights we had sex and he begged me to try an get pregnant like are you the worst idiot in the world or an the even bigger idiot for even thinking for 5 secs hmmmm a cute precious baby will fix us NO WAY! I already had a baby and chose adoption you're lucky I already made that mistake. And then hearing him cry real (possible tears) hurts at the same time because if all the time I wasted and everything we had or nothing? Ladies if I can warn you of anything it's yes your mothers always right RUN FAR FAR FAR AWAY until u don't even know what his name is anymore.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sadly I can recognize myself in you so much and yes, addicts are experts in lying, not only in the phone but right looking at you. My exabf was on methadone but that didn't stop him from doing other stuff on the side, so don't buy his lies.

I know how easy it is to get addicted to your addict lover, and they just suck the life out you, manipulate you and use you until they have enough. It is all about them and never about you, as you have seen surely. You are young, smart, have ambition in life, want to be happy, don't settle for a life with him, not too many things that come out of their mouths is the truth.

And of course, trying to have a normal relationship with someone that you can't trust is not worth another second of your life. Stop thinking about him and start thinking about you, you and your happiness and well being have to be your priority.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Methadone (also known as Symoron, Dolophine, Amidone, Methadose, Physeptone, Heptadon and many other names) is a synthetic opioid. It is used medically as an analgesic and a maintenance anti-addictive and reductive preparation for use by patients with opioid dependency. It was developed in Germany in 1937, mainly because Germany required a reliable internal source of opiates. Because it is an acyclic analog of morphine or heroin, methadone acts on the same opioid receptors as these drugs, and thus has many of the same effects.