At times I may be weak, Im only human.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

At times I may be weak, Im only human.

So it's been on my mind all day rabf comes home from rehab Monday and the more I think I DO want to see him this coming weekend after work! We just got off our last phone call until Monday. We both cried of how much we missed each other and the 2nd rehab trip is the charm (lol) basically what I'm getting at is Im extremely nervous to see him Saturday. This is the longest we've had time apart 21 days!

How do I greet him?
How do I relax and go with the flow with no worries he's going to mess up?
Do we engage in intercourse or physical things? Or does that just cloud our healing more?
Do we go on a date or sit in and talk about the future?
I'm EXTREMELY NERVOUS. I missed him so much I'm getting butterflies of just thinking about his touch (sober at that) I really missed his love.
What if we bump into one of his dealers (it's philadelphia there everywhere) how do we handle it?
As you can see I'm overwhelmed!
Old 08-18-2013, 12:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Maybe just relax and take it one day at a time and let the "what if's" take care of themselves.

Have you ever been to a meeting? That would be a great place for you to find your balance again.

If you read your post, it's all about him and what might happen to him. Instead, maybe take care of you so that you don't let the fear of tomorrow steal all your joy today.

He will be okay or he will not. Time alone will tell. You can be okay no matter what, if you can find your balance and a healthier way to live.

Give meetings a chance, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Good luck with all this. May your days ahead be filled with sunshine.

Hugs
Old 08-18-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with Ann one day at a time whenever I feel nervous or unsure its like a mantra 'one day at a time' wishing you the best x
Old 08-18-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you so much! The closer next weekend gets the more I get excited! I cannot wait to hug and kiss him again I missed him so much when he was high he was still intimate but just slow and mood swings and it just drove me insane so in his own head and world. Now I can go out to a nice dinner on the riverfront and laugh and just enjoy ourselves again! Hoping it lasts!