# 1 (permalink)  

What has your partner taken today?

From what I know;

+ 2 crack rocks
+ 2 bags
+ 2 strong largers (tennants)
+ 80ml of methadone
+ 2 x joints

And now is looking for Valium, of course my prescribed pills which he doesnt know about are safely hidden away.

I can say that he is quite content at the moment, even singing?! Roll on tomorrow when he needs this lot all again just to be normal & this was a good day when he is paid his social its a different matter altogether = hundreds spent within an hour ;(
Old 08-17-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is pretty much what my exABF uses everyday, also including an entire bottle of Jäggermeister or vodka.

I never could understand how he doesn't get physically sick with all that, I certainly got sick when I was there to see it.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

cost for a wife up top the mountain 2 to 3 bucks a day

Originally Posted by crazycoda View Post

hundreds spent within an hour
oh yes I remember those
some nights I would spend 3 to 5 hundred
but
sober today (comes as a very low cost lifestyle)

but
for my wife
probably her Saturday afternoon one glass of wine
at a cost of 2 to 3 bucks

being with a normie has it's benefits

hopefully your man will get sober in time

Mountainman
Old 08-17-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

What has your partner taken today?
A hike and I made sure the door hit him on his way out
Old 08-17-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

To be honest I have no idea possibly methadone considering he's in REHAB and when he gets out if he takes anything well I'm taking my life my pride and my sanity and MOVING ON forever!

Hope he gets his sh** together for your sake I don't know your exact feelings but I do know the junkie days with a partner is terrible especially when it's time to clean them up for bed or go to the store or tell his dealer he's assed out on the toilet can you call tomorrow?
Old 08-17-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't know he is at his parents hopefully getting clean x
Old 08-17-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I dont know how much coke my husband does in a day. He has told me its a small amount now, but he doesnt use it in front of me and I dont think I know enough about it to tell if I saw it. I also wonder if he takes things to counter it, and he has told me a few times he has, but I wonder how much, how often. I try not to focus on it, I worry thinking he could overdose at any time, and until he stops all of it I dont think that feeling will go away.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

You guys, why are y'all focusing on what your partner is or isn't taking today... That's not helping your recovery or sanity.. Your giving their addiction way too much headspace..

Focus on an awesome thing that you did for yourself today instead of his drug use..

I've been where you are at right now... Looking through pockets, drawers, counting the pills in his stash comparing it to the number from yesterday and so on and so on.. STOP!!! This won't change what they are doing...

Put the focus back on you and your recovery and leave him to whatever it is he's doing...
Old 08-17-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jerect View Post
You guys, why are y'all focusing on what your partner is or isn't taking today... That's not helping your recovery or sanity.. Your giving their addiction way too much headspace..

Focus on an awesome thing that you did for yourself today instead of his drug use..

I've been where you are at right now... Looking through pockets, drawers, counting the pills in his stash comparing it to the number from yesterday and so on and so on.. STOP!!! This won't change what they are doing...

Put the focus back on you and your recovery and leave him to whatever it is he's doing...
I love this you're right that's the best I've read today! Now that I think about it who cares what they're doing as long as IM SAFE and sound it's not selfish they have power over themselves
Old 08-17-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My soul, sanity and happiness. Just another day when you love an addict.