SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Updates and Good News (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/304408-updates-good-news.html)

meadowsis 08-16-2013 07:37 PM

Updates and Good News

Just thought I would post an update. I stop by often, following many folks ups and downs (even if I don't post often). Always enjoy seeing good news or progress, whatever that might be.

My AB was transferred to prison recently. I broke my no contact to wish him a Happy Birthday and just a note to say I still cared. My therapist supported it, but told me to be prepared to have to put distance up again. I had thought maybe he would be super upset at me for stopping help (since he seems pissed at everyone else in the world and i was his go to person before).....nope, he latched on just like before and I quickly had to inform him I was still needing distance. I stressed some over it, but definitely not near the levels I was 6 months ago. Improvement.

On a different note, some might remember one of the big reasons I decided to back away from my AB was because my husband and I are struggling with almost 4 yrs of infertility. I was working with a doc for over the last year, going through tons of procedures and stress definitely effected my health. I was supposed to start full IVF in July, but for some reason my cycle was not starting. Well, low and behold, I was pregnant and am now 10 wks along. :)

Funny thing is, I think being pregnant is lowering my ability to stress over things. I am still hormonal, but the big things seem to roll off more then usual, including my family and all their drama.

Now I have all the more reason to keep my distance from my AB. I was NOT amused to find out he used my address for parole info and several other things. With this change in our lives all the more reason to keep my no contact and other boundaries in place.

Thats my current state, still hopeful for my brother, but my focuses have definitely shifted. Thanks all for your help and support in separating myself when I needed it the most. :tyou

allforcnm 08-16-2013 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by meadowsis (Post 4126940)
On a different note, some might remember one of the big reasons I decided to back away from my AB was because my husband and I are struggling with almost 4 yrs of infertility. I was working with a doc for over the last year, going through tons of procedures and stress definitely effected my health. I was supposed to start full IVF in July, but for some reason my cycle was not starting. Well, low and behold, I was pregnant and am now 10 wks along. :)

Funny thing is, I think being pregnant is lowering my ability to stress over things. I am still hormonal, but the big things seem to roll off more then usual, including my family and all their drama.

Congratulations ! You and your husband must be thrilled & what great timing. I think starting your own family just helps clarify priorities in life. Im sorry for all you are going through with your brother. At least for now he is safe, and maybe in the end this will be the turning point for him. Sounds like you handled it well & although Im not up on all that's happened with him, I think it was nice to send him Birthday wishes. I hope all goes well with your pregnancy, please keep us posted.

interrupted 08-17-2013 07:40 AM

This is awesome news! Congratulations!

:ring

lizwig 08-17-2013 10:01 AM

Congratulations!! Very excited for you and your husband!

madisonblake 08-17-2013 10:34 AM

Congratulations. I am so very happy for you. Pregnancy was one of the most happy times of my life. Enjoy every second of the little miracle.