Expecting a phone tonight frim recovering bioyfriend in rehab

Old 08-16-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Expecting a phone tonight frim recovering bioyfriend in rehab

I'm just wondering shall I stick it out and see if he sticks with his intense outpatient meetings and methadone treatment and tell him when he gets out face to face that he may need time alone working getting back to life sober without me until he has full control again or say it whilst he's in rehab over the phone or in a letter as much as I don't want to I want him to be happy and I've missed him but have been stress free since the past 19 days without him. Serious help needed!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you still want to be with him, I would say wait until he gets out and see what HE does to maintain sobriety. Don't check up on him like he's a bad boy. Give him the dignity to try to make it work by his own efforts. And, if you haven't already, get started with Alanon or Naranon and learn to set boundaries and stick to them.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by terryr97 View Post
If you still want to be with him, I would say wait until he gets out and see what HE does to maintain sobriety. Don't check up on him like he's a bad boy. Give him the dignity to try to make it work by his own efforts. And, if you haven't already, get started with Alanon or Naranon and learn to set boundaries and stick to them.
Thank you I've looked in to naranon all day around my area I chose to keep it light and simple on the phone as much as I'd love to call off work next weekend and play sick to go spend all weekend with him sober he has to realize I have my own life and its not revolving around him it feels good to be in control again