Relationship

Old 08-05-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I never said his behavior was because of his addiction. I simply explained the situation to get an opinion. It really is surprising people are gettin offended.

if you didn't think there was a connection between his actions AND being new to recovery, what brought you to a RECOVERY website? if it's just about relationship stuff, a RELATIONSHIP site would be more appropriate.

He pulled me into his family, church, and life in general.

you had no choice? he MADE you do this against your will? perhaps the BEST lesson you can take from all this is to NOT jump in so quickly next time. not let something some guy you've been DATING for two months does affect you so much. not GET that enmeshed in his life. it takes a LONG time to get to know somebody...in fact it's an ongoing process.

you said you knew nothing or very little about addiction. ok first, good for you....many of us know way too much about it. however with you lack of knowledge or experience MAYBE a guy just out of rehab and a couple months sober isn't the best pick for you???? seriously, addiction is like a bag of live alligators....and even the most experienced alligator "experts" get bit. if at all possible, stay away from alligators!