Update

Old 07-17-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

My RAD and her RABF made it safely and quickly to their destination. They just secured an apartment and he is working full time for a family business. My dear mom came to see me and on her way home, delivered a load of things to them, just today. She called me ecstatic about how great my DD looks, how hard they are working, and how much moral support they are getting from his granny who lives in the small town where they landed.

My mom said she spoke openly with them about everything addiction & recovery related; they discussed cravings and associated fears and agreed to get back on suboxone. My little momma had the nerve to say, very politely, "I've heard that a person in recovery from heroin needs to be on suboxone for at least three years." Not sure where she got that, but hey, I am sure it impressed my girl. She said their apartment was nearly empty but spotlessly clean. She showered her granddaughter with love, regaled her with stories from her visit with us, and invited them to come to her home for Thanksgiving.(They are much closer to her & my dad now.) My DD even spoke about getting into college as soon as possible.

I am happy that she could give me a positive report--we were not expecting one necessarily and I know she was wary about the visit. I am going to bed with a sense of relief and hope.

I have my NarAnon group and you folks here for helping me talk to my mom in ways that allowed her to understand addiction, relapse, recovery and all the rest. She was loving and generous with eyes wide open. It's a good thing, no matter what happens in the future. Today is good.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad that there was good new and today was a good day. I hope there are many more just like it.

Keeping you and your dear daughter in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-17-2013, 10:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a great post, and way to go GardenMama's Mama.... !!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so happy for you, DD and your whole family (((GardenMama)))
Old 07-17-2013, 11:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

This made my heart smile.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am so happy for you, your family and most of all happy for your mama, bless her heart reaching out like that.

You made my day too, thank you.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

GM, what a wonderful update! Sounds like everyone is doing well and now your loving daughter knows how her Grandma feels about her. I continue to believe HP has our children and knows what is best. Have a wonderful day!
TT
Old 07-18-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

GM- I'm so glad you got this good news about your daughter. Your mom sounds like a wonderful person! Continued blessings for all of you!
Old 07-18-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for sharing. Blessings and Serenity for you all!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Joy in my heart to read your post.