What about me??

Old 07-08-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

What about me??

So I have recommitted myself to MY recovery. Saw my therapist today, then went to an Alanon meeting. I am going to attend as many as possible a week. I am not sure if I can do 90 in 90 and do not want to set myself up for failure. You know, my Codie mind will run with that one. I will also find a sponsor and start my step work again.

I also have been doing a daily gratitude list and journaling again. Tomorrow, I am meeting with the girls from my Coda group for a little reunion.

My daughter (and her boyfriend) have been coming around a lot and I just enjoy her so much. Having her back in my life has really been a motivating factor because she deserves a healthier role model.

As for my husband, he still continues his meetings, etc and has added church (GOD) to the mix. Today, he is clean and that's all I know. Seeing him and my daughter laughing and joking brings such joy to my heart. Boy, when things are good, things are phenomenal.

He continues to show with his actions that he does want recovery and doesn't want to lose his family. More will be revealed but Today I feel so much gratitude for many things.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Did you notice that you talked about you first, what you were doing to regain your balance and enhance your recovery? That's huge.

I am glad he is embracing recovery too, but regardless of how this unfolds, the important thing is that you are taking very good care of you. That's what recovery is all about. It doesn't promise us perfect lives, it promises we will have the courage and strength to face life no matter what it hands us. And the best part is we don't do this alone, we walk together holding each other up along the way (I TOLD you not to drink so much...kidding )
Old 07-08-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Did you notice that you talked about you first, what you were doing to regain your balance and enhance your recovery? That's huge.

I am glad he is embracing recovery too, but regardless of how this unfolds, the important thing is that you are taking very good care of you. That's what recovery is all about. It doesn't promise us perfect lives, it promises we will have the courage and strength to face life no matter what it hands us. And the best part is we don't do this alone, we walk together holding each other up along the way (I TOLD you not to drink so much...kidding )
:rotfxko

P.S. Oh and the best part is my daughter commented on my new attitude. She said "wow, you have changed a lot." Obviously not enough, because I loved the validation, lol.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thought you'd like that, lol.

All funnin' aside, you are doing great, you are taking your time and doing what is right for you.

It's all one day at a time, and gratitude is a great way to find your light each day.

You will be okay...I already told you that, yes?

Hugs
Old 07-08-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Thought you'd like that, lol.

All funnin' aside, you are doing great, you are taking your time and doing what is right for you.

It's all one day at a time, and gratitude is a great way to find your light each day.

You will be okay...I already told you that, yes?

Hugs
I think you may have mentioned it once or twice, lol.