JJ is on the ranch

Old 07-05-2013, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

JJ is on the ranch

Just a quick update. JJ was placed in his residential rehab at a place called Freedom Ranch and it looks like a great place for recovery. It is about 60 miles from our home and on 200 acres of rugged land. They have their own pig and chicken farm and grow their own vegetables. The program is a 12 step program for 120 days and then sober living placement. His substance abuse counselor said this one is full of committed recovering addicts and alcoholics and JJ really appreciated her pulling the strings to get him admitted to this place. I am hopeful and happy for JJ and of course it is entirely up to him how he approaches this opportunity. We get to see him on Sunday, we are bringing a picnic lunch and then staying for the AA meeting at 3 PM. Life is good today SR family!
Hugs
Teresa
Old 07-05-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice! It sounds awesome. I would want to go there even if I was not in recovery.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So happy for you and JJ! Thanks for sharing your good, hopeful news with us. I hope you have a great visit on Sunday. Sending hugs & prayers your way!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Teresa - SO glad to hear this!! I know it's up to JJ, but I think this place sounds like will give him lots of time around recovering folks.

Keeping you both in my prayers!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-05-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Teresa
I'll keep you and JJ in my prayers. Sometimes they just need the opportunity......and this sounds like a great opportunity for him. Happy for JJ (and you!!) today!
gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-05-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! I also feel that this is an amazing opportunity away from the streets and lifestyle that he was living. We are really "city folk" so being out in nature and working on the ranch will be a new experience for him. Letting God handle the details
Just happy we can see him sooner than the normal 30 day blackout and we get to participate in an AA meeting with him, which we never got the chance to do at the other rehab he was in.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Teresa, so happy to read this good news about you and JJ. Sending prayers up for The both of you. Enjoy your time with him on Sunday.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Wow, sounds like an awesome opportunity for your son and all of you. May prayers are with JJ, you and your whole family.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Teresa, I am praying that JJ will thrive there and find a better path and peace at last.

I am so happy for both of you, it sounds like a great rehab and long term, and I am glad you are going there for a visit with your "clean" son soon.

Hugs
Old 07-06-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What a great thing for me to get to read today I am so glad JJ. is still making positive choices thinking back a year or so ago who would have thought things would be where they are today sending you much love and will keep praying.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

I echo what CB said.... who'da thunk it? One just never knows!

Giving both you and JJ a virtual (((hug)))!! I'm thinking about you!

P.S. - My son is doing really well, too. So far, so good.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Such wonderful news.

Praying for you all. xo
Old 07-08-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi SR family, we had an exceptionally fun and loving visit with JJ. He looks amazing! He had been very focused on eating healthy as possible while in jail and working out, and he now is thinner than he ever was as a teenager but very buff. He and his brother got into their normal "who is more good looking" argument (LOL) and we all enjoyed the visit. He is allowed to see us whenever we want every day after 2 PM but is on lockdown for phone calls and offsite for first 30 days. He LOVES the ranch, he loves the fresh air and he loves his meetings. It was a good day for everyone, JJ's dad was so happy to finally hug his son after 13 months. We even found an amazing campground about 2.5 miles from JJ and we are planning an overnight camping trip in August as well.
TJP, so glad to hear that your son is doing well, my prayers going out thanking God for watching over our men.
Hugs to all!
TT
Old 07-08-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Teresa, so happy your visit with JJ turned out so well. I can see the smile on your face and can only imagine the joy in your heart.

Tip613- so happy to hear your son is doing well

Continued prayers for all our A"s.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So happy for you! It sounds like this will be a good step on the journey...
Old 07-08-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Sooooo happy for all of you. I pray someday JJ really embraces how lucky he is to have such an amazing Mother. ( Yes, this post is all about YOU. )
Old 07-08-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

That is so wonderful! T- I understand the joy in your heart. It is good to hug my son these days too. I hope JJ continues in this path.....But the most important thing I have found is just to be grateful.....one day at a time.....that he is clean and sober. One. Day. At. A. Time.

The ranch sounds like such a healthy place for him. He'll learn to heal along side of others facing the same struggles. They'll help and support each other.

I'll keep you, your family, and JJ in my prayers.

Keep taking care of you.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-10-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

The Ranch sounds perfect in every way. It sounds like JJ is appropriately grateful for the fresh start. He's got quite a bit of clean time now, too, doesn't he? .... other than the brief "outing" a few months ago?
Old 07-10-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi TJP and good morning .
JJ had a brief fling for 10 days (total chaos and meth use) from Feb 10 to Feb 20 and then back in again until 7-3-13.
He is not battling the physical part of the addiction for sure. This time it is entirely his choice.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:52 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good Morning! Well, I know it would give me comfort knowing his brain has had a chance to heal ...which hopefully helps him to make better choices. The more clean time, the better...and now he has fresh air and exercise added to the regime. He's on a good path. Warms my heart and renews my faith.

Love to you today and every day, my friend.