SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Embarrassed to ask but... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/299663-embarrassed-ask-but.html)

wiscsober 07-02-2013 11:08 PM

My goodness...crate the dog....put him in the garage....and get some training....jeez....this is just not right...you are the one who is important

wiscsober 07-02-2013 11:15 PM

I'm sorry but the dog must go.....this goes beyond the pale

legna 07-02-2013 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by wiscsober (Post 4048882)
My goodness...crate the dog....put him in the garage....and get some training....jeez....this is just not right...you are the one who is important

Naw, we are both important....just need to learn how to live and enrich each others lives not make them miserable. We're both learning - it's just a tough learning curve.

LoveMeNow 07-03-2013 02:09 AM

Licking could be allergies as well as behavioral. A vet told me to spray the paws with vinegar and water but it didn't work. I also spent a fortune with a dermatologist and nothing worked except Benadryl.

Also, the mounting thing is just about dominance. It's ok for makes to be submissive. ;)

laurie6781 07-03-2013 05:19 PM

I truly think it is time to write Cesar Milan a letter, explaining everything you have said here and anything you can think of.

If anyone can get him past a lot of this it will be Cesar. He almost sounds serious enough that Cesar might take him to his place for 6 to 8 weeks to work with his Pack.

He has a very HIGH success rate with these types of problems in a canine.

It is worth a shot. The worst that can happen is that he says no as his schedule is to full. But I do believe it is dogs like yours that really intrigue him.

If I were you I would write the letter, lol

Love and hugs,

eggdogg1234 07-03-2013 05:55 PM

God I love dogs, even the crazy ones make me happy. Dogs could give monumental lectures on how to live in the present if they weren't so busy living in the present. Sorry for your situation.

DylanS 07-03-2013 06:03 PM

For the licking issue: my vet told me to grab the muzzle and squeeze hard - even if they whimper a little, then let go. It's not mean - it's a way to get their attention and the uncomfortable feeling of having their muzzle squeezed tells them WHAT is unacceptable. My dog quit licking within a week.

For the jumping: raise your knee so that as he jumps up, his breast bone hits your knee. You don't knee AT him to hurt, you just make sure that's what he jumps at. It's very uncomfortable so they quit jumping. My neighbor's dog has 0% discipline and she jumps on everyone. Except me...and my knee.

HTH and good luck.

Faithlove 07-08-2013 07:37 AM

I was going to suggest contacting The Dog Whisperer (as others have already done). You may even get to be on TV!!! :)

soberlicious 07-08-2013 08:54 PM

Yes!! Do it! Write to Cesar!

Soberpotamus 07-08-2013 09:04 PM

That is an amazing story! How the cat protected him from that bear :) I have no recommendations for you, Legna, sorry... we have cats at our house, no dogs. 4 cats... Lol!! My husband would sympathize a little bit with you, I'm sure of it ;)

bigsombrero 07-08-2013 09:32 PM

Maybe you can find a new home for the dog? Ya know, up state. On a big farm, where he has lots of room to run and play.

That's what happened to my dog, at least that's what my parents told me.

:wall: