New here, and really need someone to talk to.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gfwhoneverknew View Post
Tattoo90 & KKE.......what does the high voice sound like?? My bf did the oxys..is it just a hyper kinda voice....I'm going back in mind trying to recall it?? Tattoo90 I'm sry this happening...goin thru my own relationship w an addict.
Well, when he's high I can immediately tell in his laugh and his voice does go a lot higher. He also tends to slur his voice. Main thing to look for is his pupils..are they consticted pin-needle points? I just have to get a short glimpse and its all over. I hope you're doing well <3
Old 06-29-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wicked View Post

To me, this is the worst kind of manipulation, using your feelings for him
to terrorize you into supporting him.
He does it because it works.

Why didn't separation work?

Tattoo, what do you want to do with your life?
It is your life and you do not have to live with an emotionally manipulating heroin/oxy addict.

Have you ever heard of NarAnon or AlAnon?
It is a great support group for people who love addicts.
You would meet some wonderful people who understand your frustration and pain.

It sounds like a terrible way to live.
I knew when my ex smoked crack as soon as he spoke two words,
even over the phone!
It is awful what we become used to in the name of keeping the "relationship".
You need a break from him.

If he threatens suicide again, you could call 911, if he is for real,
he will be with people who can truly help him.
If it is emotional blackmail, maybe a trip to the ER will put a stop to that maneuver.

You have found a great place for support and people who understand.

My name is Beth and my oldest son is an addict.

He is a brilliant man (not just me saying that he is a math genius) but his
life is centered around his drug of choice.
Now, it is methadone. It was heroin.
He went to prison for a crime he committed while high to get money for more drugs.

I hope you find some help and support for yourself.

Beth
So I talked to my boyfriend and explained to him about how I need time to reflect and think about what I want. I explained to him how I understand he cannot control this, and I explained to him how he has to want it for himself or it will never happen. I also told him he can't stay with me or around me until he gets the help he needs..I explained how I would not enable him anymore..it felt so good. All he could respond with is "I'm sorry you feel that way...ok I guess." I don't think he takes me seriously yet, though because of all the times I've let it happen. I guess time will tell now, though. I can't lie and say I do t immediately feel relieved that I have my room back to myself and don't have to worry about him being high..although it does bother me that I keep thinking that he's getting high at his house..thank you for your words of wisdom
Old 06-30-2013, 12:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
KKE

Originally Posted by gfwhoneverknew View Post
Tattoo90 & KKE.......what does the high voice sound like?? My bf did the oxys..is it just a hyper kinda voice....I'm going back in mind trying to recall it?? Tattoo90 I'm sry this happening...goin thru my own relationship w an addict.
How I can tell he's used:

* pinned eyes
* micro sleep, literally will start falling asleep mid conversation
* slurry voice with extra dramatic effect on certain sentences so the "high" bits
* sometimes a monotone voice depending on what stage he is at in highness
* sometimes extra reflective in what he's saying but in a "poor me" type of way
* involuntary movement - shaky hands and arms, twitches in face and legs
* jumping at bed time
* skin can come up in a rash
* itching
* diahorrea
* mood swings

The list goes on...... God, I could be a detective! It's rarely just one of these things or all of these things. Usually a little combo of two, maybe three. But I can always tell and seem to home in on it as soon as I see him/speak to him.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shiek View Post
Tat I am so sorry you are going through this, this is the eye of the storm as some might say or a cross roads, you have endured a lot and a relationship is supposed to be a happy healthy thing, where two people reciprocate positive feelings for one another and trust each other, your situation eerily sounds identical to mine, one day I woke up and thought is this what I want for the rest of my life? To constantly be paranoid and exhausted mentally? I decided no, the lies and the manipulation start to unravel the threads of the relationship after a point and I think at one point it's just too late to patch it up, my ex was my best friend too, the love of my life, my angel, but he was troubled and he just couldn't hold on after a while and slipped through the cracks no matter how much I held on. ...I like to remind myself of the saying, it's always darkest before the dawn, you deserve to wake up every morning and expect a GREAT day, we all do! I hope whatever you choose to do to resolve this situation for yourself you feel better.
When you realize that the only one trying to keep the relationship together is you, no matter how much you know they love you and you love them, the time comes to face the reality that nothing is going to change. They'll still use because they know you'll always be there to enable, and you'll just lose your sanity. That has been my experience. For me, I just got sick of the lies, manipulations, heartache and wasted time. But I was only able to start getting off the roller coaster after going to Alanon. I suggest you try a couple of meetings and start taking care of you. The heartache is there, whether he's with you or gone anyway.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wow yep!!! Don't forget the excessive sweating!! I didn't even know he was goin through withdrawel when he said he was sick n lying on my lap...he had a rag he kept wiping down his face! He was hot but Ithought he had a fever! ill never forget Iwoke him up n he got up n my miniskirt was drenched!! To think about it now is sad...he didn't even tell me how sick he really was...
Old 06-30-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I think a good start is to realize his behavior is manipulation. I dated a heroin addict for 3 years so I have an understanding of what you're going through.

My ex used to ask me for money all the time and when I didnt want to lend him any he would say "I was raised to help other people when they need help" ... WOW what a line to pin on someone, jerk! Eventually I established my boundaries. There are many ways to help people and lending a heroin addict, money would not be it... after a ride through hell on the rollercoaster of addiction, I left and ended the relationship.

Being in a relationship that is full of manipulation is not healthy for you. It makes you doubt yourself and destroys your self-esteem. I hope you find a way out.