Grateful to my SR family and friends

Old 06-25-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful to my SR family and friends

I just want to say thank you all for those you have given me advice and help me with their personal insights. I have learnt so much form many of you here an I am grateful for each of you and every single comment that helped me reach where I am today.

I am happy to say that I am on my way to being healed. I will no longer let someone else have so much control over my feelings and emotions. I have not cried and will not waste one more tear over my exbf, instead I am looking to what and those who I have in my life and is there for me, my family and very few close friends. I have become very guarded to those who I let into my life now, I have learnt from our dear Ann that its ok to sometimes be alone and choose who I let into my life. I am choosing only healthy people to be around and I take each day as a new beginning.

I graduate this Friday, and I am so proud of my accomplishment thus far, I look back and see how close I was to not only loosing that but more importantly loosing myself. when I look at the things I have instead of what I don't have I become aware of how grateful I am.

My history with my ex is just that....history. It had however taught me a very important lesson about life and who I am and what I want. I used to spend my days blaming God for bringing an evil man into my life and I remember all of you telling me each encounter is not a mistake but one that we can learnt from and I used to think these people are crazy. How I see I have learnt so much form the 18 months of having this person in my life.

I am no longer broken (sometimes I do feel it but its so much more better) I have healed my cracks and its so much stronger than before. I have learnt that I am ok being by myself, I have discovered strength that I never knew I had ( I am beginning to cry I feel so empowered) I know what I want in any future relationship, I am ok with saying no and not feeling guilty, I put myself first and ask what is in it for me, and I am ok knowing that my new attitude will make some of my old friends not like me than much and I am soooo ok with that. I am happy with who I am and who I am becoming and my past was a part of that.

For the new comers I just want to say it does get better times does heal and listen to those here who give their loving advice. I know I could not have done it without my SR family.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Amen to that!
Old 06-25-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Broken, I'm not sure if I ever posted on your threads but you sound like you are doing amazing. A true testament to how we can heal when we take our focus off of things we can't control and put the effort towards something we can impact positively...ourselves! Your post reminds me of my favorite quote:

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a gift and never giving it."

Good for you for sharing your appreciation. I am also extremely grateful for this site. When I start to wobble...this is the first place I head to! Keep up the good work!
Old 06-25-2013, 11:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your Graduation Friday !!! Wonderful news and so exciting !!

God does work in mysterious ways. You sound so good ~

Wishing you all the best as you start the next chapter of your life.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are a like a muscle. You must be torn up and healed back in order to get stronger!! Congrats on graduating!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all