Anxious

Old 06-24-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxious

Whenever I think of never speaking to my exagf again I get anxious. I'm pretty sure we'll never talk again since she has charges for stealing and pawning my stuff and I have a stupid harassment charge. I know, I know, why the heck would I even want to talk to her again. I guess because I have issues and need to work on myself which I am doing. It just stinks because I get anxiety almost a panic attack when I think of her never talking to me again and just living her life without even acknowledging anything. I know it will get easier and I just need to get through each day. This has been the absolute hardest thing for me. This is no normal break up. I'm 48 years old and have been through A LOT in life but nothing like this. Wow did this catch me off guard and through me for a real loop. Kicked my butt bad. Thanks everyone for being here and listening.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry you are feeling this way. I truly understand major anxiety. It is beyond uncomfortable. For me it's like my skin is crawling and I have electricity shooting through my veins. I get hot and then cold. Last night I had horrile nightmares and woke up drenched in sweat. Does anything (non destructive) help relieve your anxiety? Do you have any meds for it?
Old 06-25-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

With time it will get better, ha well that's what everyone keeps saying to me. I said in one of my threads that I think it's so hard as we never get any real closure. No amicable parting or words, no answers to all our questions, no understanding, no nothing...

Try keep yourself really busy & occupy your mind planning what YOU want to do with your life. It seems to be working for me. One day at a time
Old 06-25-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I use to get very anxious. Anxious before a supervised playdate. Anxious all summer waiting for the divorce. Anxious when my phone would ring and it was an unknown number (the other woman had contacted me). Anxious when he would call and I would have to have a conversation with him. It was dreadful. I was with him for 16 years. He was my best friend, and now we are at this place where we can't even communicate. I hated it. I still get a little anxious at an unknown number, but after 2 years it has gotten better. It helps that he has been mia forever. No contact helped me heal.

So, what got me through my stress? Lots and lots of yoga and stand up comedy...you need a release.