Acceptance

Old 06-23-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Acceptance

Acceptance for me felt like giving up, losing faith and losing hope. Now I'm feeling more like it is accepting things Today as they are Today and not looking past Today. Just today is managable. Rooting through the past is useless as well as trying to control the future. Somehow, someway progress has been made the loss and sadness is there but I can also feel parts of me returning as well as my strength. Peace and prayers for everyone touched by addiction.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I couldn't agree with you more with my current situation with my heart is saying to fight it but my head it saying accept it. The best thing is this is the first time my head is actually winning. I am accepting things because that is the only way I will be able to start putting me first!
Old 06-23-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Acceptance, for me, came when I finally exhausted all avenues and acknowledged that I could not control my son or his addiction.

Once I accepted, I could begin healing and learning a healthier way to live.

Hugs
Old 06-23-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Orange Lily

Acceptance was walking away from my AXBF for the last time and knowing that matter how much I love him, he's a different person than whom I fell for so many years ago. That he made a choice for drugs and that is his decision to live with. Acceptance was resigning myself to stop putting him above myself and to realize that I'm the only one I should be taking care of.

I worry still, I pray for him and still cry over him when I'm alone, but I accept my sadness as a stepping stone for my future strength.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes I get sad still too. It still feels like someone kicked me in the chest when I see my exagf with her new agf or hear about them but I couldn't be with her. I couldn't live like that. She made her life the way it is and I couldn't be part of that mess.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A friend sent me a good quote today.

It read:

"Sometimes God's blessings aren't in what He gives, but what He takes away. Stop trying to pick up what God told you to put down."
Old 06-23-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow... thank you I needed that. Very, very good words.