SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   So overwhelming.... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/296419-so-overwhelming.html)

bookreader 05-31-2013 05:49 PM

So overwhelming....

I have not been here is some time, but when I see Kindeyes still here offering support, I am thankful.
and every day another person or family searching for answers....
addiction is what, relentless is my current description.
really I don't think the right word is out there.....
All of you who are just finding yourself on this path - you didn't choose it, you don't want it - there is support here to help you come face to brutal face that this is what is happening.
i hate that there is so little support for us and our kids.
b.

allthatsgood 05-31-2013 06:13 PM

I too am grateful Bookreader, for all the people here on SR who continue to offer their support and wisdom like Kindeyes, Ann, LoveMeNow, ilovemysonjj, crazybabie,everhopeful721, vale, Allforcnm , garden mama and so many others. Without them, I would have lost hope. So thank you SR members!

EverHopeful721 05-31-2013 06:32 PM

Right back at ya, allthatsgood. :) Also, Anvil, zoso, cynical, lizwig, EnglishGarden, Lesliej, mstrust, wicked, atalose, Lily1918, FaithLove, Lexiecat, dandylion, honeypig, tuffgirl, Hydrogirl, Impurrfect, lillamy....the list goes on and on!!

allthatsgood 05-31-2013 06:42 PM

Yes it does Everhooeful721 - thanks for mentioning the people you did. We are fortunate to have all these people in our circle!

Kindeyes 05-31-2013 08:28 PM

There are so many here on SR who have helped me through some very dark times. When I felt hopeless and helpless, lost and alone, the people here on SR held me upright. Continuing to support others is simply 12th step work (and I feel pretty certain that many of those wonderful people mentioned would say the same thing). We are simply giving back what others so freely gave to us.

Actually each and every new person who comes here to SR helps me every day. They remind me of where I was.....and where I never want to be again. They keep me focused on my own recovery. I see myself in each of them.

The true heros around here are the moderators. They work diligently to ensure that SR is a safe place to come. I'm sure we would all be surprised by what goes on "behind the scenes". There are a bunch of people who come here in emotional pain, physically addicted, angry, confused, fearful, and sometimes argumentative. Considering the volatile nature of addiction and codependence.....the moderators do an awesome job.

Thanks mods!

gentle hugs
ke

Vale 05-31-2013 09:31 PM

I agree ,Kindeyes. Just like modern society----this resource would melt down in
minutes if not expertly moderated. It would resemble a cockfight and be less than
worthless to those seeking solace and comfort and hope.

Although I have not been in receipt of a moderator smack down (yet!)---I am
most welcoming of the self evident truth that when unnecessary hurt is brought to
people already hurting......it's time for such 'contributions' to be shown the door.

I would not attempt to thank people by name(handle).There are simply too many.
To every one of them I am grateful.

Candles in the darkness of this evil nightmare of addiction.