Truth

Old 05-30-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Truth

" Maybe I need some rehab Or maybe just need some sleep I got a sick obsession I'm seeing it in my dreams I'm looking down every alley I'm making those desperate calls I'm staying up all night hoping hitting my head against the wall What you got, boy, is hard to find I think about it all the time I'm all strung out, my heart is fried I just can't get you off my mind! Because your love, your love, your love is my drug Your love, your love, your love (I said) Your love, your love, your love is my drug Your love, your love, your love Won't listen to any advice Momma's telling me I should think twice But left to my own devices, I'm addicted – it's a crisis My friends think I've gone crazy My judgment's gettin' kinda hazy My sleaze is gonna be affected If I keep it up like a love sick crack head What you got, boy, is hard to find I think about it all the time I'm all strung out, my heart is fried I just can't get you off my mind! Because your love, your love, your love is my drug Your love, your love, your love (I said) Your love, your love, your love is my drug Your love, your love, your love I don't care what people say The rush is worth the price I pay I get so high when you're with me But crash and crave you when you leave"
~ Ke$ha
Old 05-30-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah....never really liked that song much. I hate how it models to young girls that obsession, anxiety and being overinvolved in someone else are the hallmarks of a modern healthy relationship.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have taught my daughter to hate keshas songs. It came on the radio today and it hit me like a knife.

There are others that don't glorify it like "rehab" by rhianna (not to be confused with the late Amy winehouse) and "love the way you lie" by eminem.

I just couldn't believe how brazenly honest these lyrics are. Also, how well they show that codependency is and addiction all its own